• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A poll found over 90% of rural America did not know about the disease associated with COVID19.

Is it just me or did this thread disappear from the Everything Else forum? I’m not sure what’s going on.

Lets Roll. Hopefully we can eventually get things on a 180 degree heading from the direction they are going in.
22 million plus on unemployment will turn into a catastrophe of mind boggling epic porportions if not reversed. The bridge holding us up out of the pool of total irreversable collapse starts runing out early May. All these Malls and stores with leases due, inventory ,resteraunts,hotels, etc. Dominoes will start to fall and cant be stopped once that starts. We bought ourselves 6 to 8 weeks, avoided the ICU surge. Thats all we can do. Gonna have to play the game of chance here on out till a vaccine is developed. Not the best hand to play but only one we have.
Welcome to the mentally insane side. ?

The longer Cooper stalls on reopening the better chance we will have a new governor! I hope we remain closed and the hate continues to mound to new levels.

The longer Cooper stalls on reopening the better chance we will have a new governor! I hope we remain closed and the hate continues to mound to new levels.
Cooper seems to be non existent other than the virus plans. Just havent heard of him doing anything in his term. Am I wrong? I'm only in Charlotte part-time so I don't hear all the news I'm sure.

Cooper seems to be non existent other than the virus plans. Just havent heard of him doing anything in his term. Am I wrong? I'm only in Charlotte part-time so I don't hear all the news I'm sure.
He’s been found doing illegal things in regards to oil pipeline drama I hear. But yea, like Bev Purdue, not much in his term to show for. I’m ready for a new leader.

He’s been found doing illegal things in regards to oil pipeline drama I hear. But yea, like Bev Purdue, not much in his term to show for. I’m ready for a new leader.
Hes also been neutered of power by the NC house and Senate. Prob why I never hear of him doing anything

Definitely does not hurt to always be prepared

Lol it's just the flu man. We are ready to reopen.....well except now our leaders are going into hiding.

You would think they would have done this well before now.??‍♂️

Yes isnt it quite interesting they do this AFTER trying to convince everyone it's safe to go back to life as normal.

It's sort of like asking a friend to open a booby trapped door after convincing him it's fine and as you stand around the corner for protection.

I am hoping Kemp gets a clue and rescinds the cower-in-place orders next week. The hospitals should be able to handle the new patients now. Certainly we've flattened the curve enough. We've got to get people back to their jobs! The mental and physical health of multiple millions of people is at stake!

I am hoping Kemp gets a clue and rescinds the cower-in-place orders next week. The hospitals should be able to handle the new patients now. Certainly we've flattened the curve enough. We've got to get people back to their jobs! The mental and physical health of multiple millions of people is at stake!

As much as I'd love to start moving on, if you read the print of the planned phases and recognize what we have in the state hospital wise (we've just now begun testing a lot more in the last few weeks through coordination of the major state hospitals), we're not anywhere near being able to start partaking in phase 1. Maybe if we're lucky, we might be able to start two weeks from today as it does look like the curve might be flattening some, but sometime around May 13th-15th might be a lot more realistic (the 13th is the last day of the state of emergency right now). The cases can't just be flattening, they also have to be in a downtrend.

I don't see Kemp not following along with those guidelines either...he hasn't looked smart in any way with this but I think the theory that he was waiting for the stimulus to be passed before shutting down shortly after actually holds some weight.

Capitalism is a system built on exploitation and cruelty. It is amazing to see how many are blind to this fact. This crisis casts a bright light on that without question. I definitely don't want a return to the old normal. Trump already failed in this crisis by downplaying it for too long and now he wants to re-open? There will most certainly be a major spike in cases and deaths. If you want to sacrifice yourself on the altar of capitalism go ahead, the ruling classes need you to do so. Count me out!

Are you forgetting we already are crippled since Grady had that water leak and hospitals were stressed to start? Kemp would be an idiot to reopen this soon. Also if you want to complain about the shelter in place, know that without it, it would be far worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back