• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just have to be careful and make sure you have proof. Tensions are high around the world and could easily set off a war or world war. China will not take kindly trying to screw them over.

The truth is this virus will kill about as many as the normal flu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well this virus has killed more than flu so far this year so can’t agree with that yet. Flu deaths will rise later in fall/winter. This being a new virus then can expect a lot more deaths at first till antibodies build up in people.
I have a question. How long has the flu been around? Like is there scientific Data that says this is when flu started? Like was the Spanish flu a newer version of the flu? Have not really looked into it. Reason I ask is being a new virus would not the deaths be worse in first year of it and eventually lessen as herd immunity takes over? Because let’s say a vaccine is made. It only works 50/50 first one. So people will still catch this virus and die? So once this peak is past then everyone is ok with opening the economy back up? Or do we stay closed till a vaccine is 100% effective? We are closed so hospitals don’t get over run right and we are preventing mass deaths? So when we do open up deaths will still happen with this virus just not over run the hospitals. So we all agree on this?

If anyone has been looking for work at home office chairs they just came back up online at Office Depot. $90 off and free shipping. 84688AA4-8DCC-47C6-82FA-295245ADF026.jpeg

Well this virus has killed more than flu so far this year so can’t agree with that yet. Flu deaths will rise later in fall/winter. This being a new virus then can expect a lot more deaths at first till antibodies build up in people.
I have a question. How long has the flu been around? Like is there scientific Data that says this is when flu started? Like was the Spanish flu a newer version of the flu? Have not really looked into it. Reason I ask is being a new virus would not the deaths be worse in first year of it and eventually lessen as herd immunity takes over? Because let’s say a vaccine is made. It only works 50/50 first one. So people will still catch this virus and die? So once this peak is past then everyone is ok with opening the economy back up? Or do we stay closed till a vaccine is 100% effective? We are closed so hospitals don’t get over run right and we are preventing mass deaths? So when we do open up deaths will still happen with this virus just not over run the hospitals. So we all agree on this?

I believe we have 50k plus flu deaths a year. But anyway I still believe July august September will feature pretty low Caronavirus numbers. But I am afraid of what fall holds. Time will tell I guess

The truth is this virus will kill about as many as the normal flu

Let's see. In a little over a month the virus has killed 28.5 thousand people, and we just had our worst day with 2,500 (perhaps more upon recalculation). All things being equal, I'd say this is shaping up to be worse than some of really bad flu seasons where 61,000 people die. Then there's the fact that tens of millions of people are infected with the flu each year, and let's say a 1.2 million (double the confirmed cases) people have had the COVID-19. Yes that's worse than the flu.

Let's see. In a little over a month the virus has killed 28.5 thousand people, and we just had our worst day with 2,500 (perhaps more upon recalculation). All things being equal, I'd say this is shaping up to be worse than some of really bad flu seasons where 61,000 people die. Then there's the fact that tens of millions of people are infected with the flu each year, and let's say a 1.2 million (double the confirmed cases) people have had the COVID-19. Yes that's worse than the flu.

That’s assuming over 61k people dies in the United States this year from COVID-19

I believe the highest per death per day on flu was 504 deaths per day. We are far exceeding that with this virus.

We are dodging a big ass bullet but still seeing far too many deaths

Social Distancing? Well, not really if you want to take the risk; but never mind if you risk other people you may be around too and besides it's relative risk.

Yep; same guy who as late as March 9th in the White House Briefing said if you were young go ahead and go on cruises; rally's were ok as long as not in hotspots. So wonder just what he really things; is it the end of the world if we don't continue to shut everything down for who knows how long or is it fine to just randomly hook up if you think there's relative acceptable risk..
It’s comical how all these politicians and doctors keep changing their minds.

I believe the highest per death per day on flu was 504 deaths per day. We are far exceeding that with this virus.

We are dodging a big ass bullet but still seeing far too many deaths
In a year this virus will be similar in deaths to the flu. Just like the Spanish flu was. A new virus. After the first year all had been exposed and antibodies Developed. What is your solution to when we should open up? I am asking a sincere question. Let’s say we stay shut down 2 more months and hotspots are retreated. We get to July and open up. Yet no vaccine and the virus starts spreading again. Hospitals are prepared this time. Do we close again or let it run it’s course. Knowing people are still going to die from this virus. What would be your plan of action. I am asking everyone’s opinion. I will agree on staying closed if you give me your plan of action and guaranteed that economy comes back and guaranteed money for those families and no homelessness and poverty. You are leading us. What would be your solution Shaggy?

The flu does not kill 60k a year it doesn't even kill 10k a year, the flu death numbers also include all pneumonia deaths from ALL other causes.....the CDC lumps them together to exaggerate the perception of how bad the flu is to get people to get the vaccines.....the CDC itself says only 8-9% of all the pneumonia deaths are from people developing pneumonia after having the flu.....this virus has killed more people in a month than the flu has in the last several years at least.

The flu does not kill 60k a year it doesn't even kill 10k a year, the flu death numbers also include all pneumonia deaths from ALL other causes.....the CDC lumps them together to exaggerate the perception of how bad the flu is to get people to get the vaccines.....the CDC itself says only 8-9% of all the pneumonia deaths are from people developing pneumonia after having the flu.....this virus has killed more people in a month than the flu has in the last several years at least.
I agree this virus has killed more than flu at this time but the numbers are inflated also in this virus. These virus numbers also include pneumonia also which is what really kills both in the flu and the virus. But also I’m sure in both numbers heart disease, high BP and other medical issues are also included in these numbers and contributing factors. I am not saying this virus is not bad but numbers that we are getting are not all truth. Govts lie we all know that. When a year has passed the numbers for this virus will drop just like the flu numbers. As I asked shaggy what would be your timeline and plan of action to move us forward. I hear stay shut down and isolate but for how long? Yes I understand the curve but when infections start appearing again do we shut down again? For all of fall and winter? School kids no school again for a year? So do we keep kids outta schools and make them miss a whole year delay them? My son is supposed to graduate next year. So do I tell him sorry son gotta wait another year. I hear on this board stay shut down with no plan of action. Knowing this virus is still going to kill people when we do open up. Yes less numbers but I hear we are trying to prevent hospitals from over running. Plus keeping people from dying but yet when everyone agrees to open up people will still die. So why stay shut down? Most places hospitals are not over run in rural areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a year this virus will be similar in deaths to the flu. Just like the Spanish flu was. A new virus. After the first year all had been exposed and antibodies Developed. What is your solution to when we should open up? I am asking a sincere question. Let’s say we stay shut down 2 more months and hotspots are retreated. We get to July and open up. Yet no vaccine and the virus starts spreading again. Hospitals are prepared this time. Do we close again or let it run it’s course. Knowing people are still going to die from this virus. What would be your plan of action. I am asking everyone’s opinion. I will agree on staying closed if you give me your plan of action and guaranteed that economy comes back and guaranteed money for those families and no homelessness and poverty. You are leading us. What would be your solution Shaggy?

Well first off we remove trump from office since this pickle we are in is because of his ineptitude.

See instead of him just blabbing off at the mouth we really did need testing and widespread availability months ago. His delay sunk us. So all that said my plan would be this.

We keep all major gatherings shut down through the end of June. Mass seeding events( Google lombardy soccer match) cant happen.

We REALLY test anyone who wants a test or is even suspected of having it. We test and isolate depending on results. We need this to happen faster than some of these ridiculous wait times. As an example a city bus driver here just tested positive. His bus route averages 150 to 200 riders a day assume because of stay at home orders that there were 25% of normal riders. Test them all. Theyve been exposed so test them.

Anyone who wants a antibody test gets one. As we do this we build a dataset of how many have had it and what it will take to acquire herd immunity. Once there even in the hardest hit areas they start reopening.

Areas with fewer problems can start at the end of April but let hardest hit areas decide for themselves based on best advice from medical professionals NOT politicians.

Well first off we remove trump from office since this pickle we are in is because of his ineptitude.

See instead of him just blabbing off at the mouth we really did need testing and widespread availability months ago. His delay sunk us. So all that said my plan would be this.

We keep all major gatherings shut down through the end of June. Mass seeding events( Google lombardy soccer match) cant happen.

We REALLY test anyone who wants a test or is even suspected of having it. We test and isolate depending on results. We need this to happen faster than some of these ridiculous wait times. As an example a city bus driver here just tested positive. His bus route averages 150 to 200 riders a day assume because of stay at home orders that there were 25% of normal riders. Test them all. Theyve been exposed so test them.

Anyone who wants a antibody test gets one. As we do this we build a dataset of how many have had it and what it will take to acquire herd immunity. Once there even in the hardest hit areas they start reopening.

Areas with fewer problems can start at the end of April but let hardest hit areas decide for themselves based on best advice from medical professionals NOT politicians.
Ok. Who pays for tests? Also the tests are only 80-90% accurate. So What conditions warrant someone suspected to be tested?
What about schools in fall if breakouts happen?
So if some die from virus it’s still better than many?
Also herd immunity is not proven yet and cases are some get virus again or can carry up to 51 days some reports say.

CA is broke so let’s help those that never paid in. Lol

Ok. Who pays for tests? Also the tests are only 80-90% accurate. So What conditions warrant someone suspected to be tested?
What about schools in fall if breakouts happen?
So if some die from virus it’s still better than many?
Also herd immunity is not proven yet and cases are some get virus again or can carry up to 51 days some reports say.

You're right. Its hopeless. Let's reopen everything and infect as many as possible so we can just kill off the vulnerable and get back to business as usual. That's what the last month of your post have been getting at.

You're right. Its hopeless. Let's reopen everything and infect as many as possible so we can just kill off the vulnerable and get back to business as usual. That's what the last month of your post have been getting at.
I’m not saying open now. I agree with opening non hot spots. You made good points! The states controlling their opening up I like. I appreciate your input.

I’m not saying open now. I agree with opening non hot spots. You made good points! The states controlling their opening up I like. I appreciate your input.

I think by May we should have a better idea of what's happening as far as a drop in new cases. If we are seeing that places are past their peak or we at least believe they are then reopening should be done slowly and precisely.

In my job when I have to make a change to the machine i do so in increments so i can judge the consequences of my changes. I change the speeds slowly and adjust as I go.

I believe this is the approach needed with virus. Make your changes slowly and respond accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back