• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doom and gloom. It’s all possibilities. Jus Iike war is always a possibility. What happens when the lockdown is lifted and it’s starts spreading again. If it does? Lockdown again? Every state should do what fits them best. Why should TN do what NY is doing? So when cargo ships arrive from over seas will we still quarantine those people off the ship? Airplanes? That’s the whole point I’m trying to make. You slam me because I don’t believe like you do. Then do you buy ammo or any extra food? If did why? Why ammo? Nothing will ever happen. I am not going to call names. As I said to Shaggy. We can agree to disagree.

Nope. Didn’t buy any extras. Already had overkill on ammo and weaponry because every time I get paid I buy some boxes of different calibers. Been doing that for years. Buy a few new guns every year. Food is something that I have always kept extras of. No panic buying here. Never have panic bought a thing.

Nope. Didn’t buy any extras. Already had overkill on ammo and weaponry because every time I get paid I buy some boxes of different calibers. Been doing that for years. Buy a few new guns every year. Food is something that I have always kept extras of. No panic buying here. Never have panic bought a thing.

We bought a little extra food....pasta, sauce flour things we can stretch. Had enough ammo already so basically I'm working like normal. I'm seeing so many people come together versus the doom and gloom view that we may slide into social unrest.

That is one thing I do miss. Being with my dad on the farm every Saturday hunting in the foothills of the Appalachians. .222 ground hog hunting a lot this time of year. Loved those country meals with all the family. Uncles & cousins. After we put hay up or worked the crops. At night we would look at the planets thru the telescope. Wish my kids could experience the hard work on a farm and the rewards of a true country meal. Also the days of driving around with the guns in the back of the truck window in the rack with no worries of someone stealing it. Now those were the days.

We bought a little extra food....pasta, sauce flour things we can stretch. Had enough ammo already so basically I'm working like normal. I'm seeing so many people come together versus the doom and gloom view that we may slide into social unrest.
I am actually enjoying these days. Been absolutely perfect wx to mulch and get things done around the house. Running to Lowe’s to get what I need. Have not changed my habits much at all. Food trucks have been coming to neighborhood with terrific foods and kids playing outdoors a lot which seemed to had gotten lost in years past. Playing basketball and bad mitten. Riding bikes together. Honestly would never know any restrictions around here. So yes everyone is coming together great here also. Neighbors we never really knew we do now. Of course we are keeping that distance and not any handshakes.

On a side note. Everyone is thinking social distancing is what is causing the declines. Which is very possible but maybe higher temps and humidity are playing a part also. Hopefully the vaccine is ready by fall because I would think we are not done with seeing this virus at all. If it does come around like the seasonal flu. Now you will have deaths by seasonal flu and this virus together. Good news though is that 1-2 million deaths that went down to 100-200k deaths looks like maybe under a 100k hopefully now. Another bit of good news

On a side note. Everyone is thinking social distancing is what is causing the declines. Which is very possible but maybe higher temps and humidity are playing a part also. Hopefully the vaccine is ready by fall because I would think we are not done with seeing this virus at all. If it does come around like the seasonal flu. Now you will have deaths by seasonal flu and this virus together. Good news though is that 1-2 million deaths that went down to 100-200k deaths looks like maybe under a 100k hopefully now. Another bit of good news
You gonna respond to my post, or are you letting it marinate a while before fully responding. ;)

Or just shoot a PM. Just tell me it made ya think in a different way. Give me something man. I ain't picky or hard to please, I promise.

You gonna respond to my post, or are you letting it marinate a while before fully responding. ;)

Or just shoot a PM. Just tell me it made ya think in a different way. Give me something man. I ain't picky or hard to please, I promise.
No we’re good. I actually am not worried at all about if everything falls apart. If it does I will push forward and do the best I can to survive and make the best situation for my family. People in here say I’m doom & gloom but look at the post of many in the virus thread. It’s always how many are going to die. They focus on nothing but the deaths and cases. How about focusing on the 98-99% that survive. All life is precious. I don’t mind thru end of April keeping things shut down. It’s past that it just is not going to work. As someone said in the virus thread. What happens when it appears again it does? China having cases again. Shutdown again? Bottom line there will still be deaths because of this virus. Hopefully we will be better prepared and a vaccine is available. We just can’t shut down for months and expect to return to normal so quickly. Can we control the deaths? Maybe the social distancing is working. Maybe it’s warmer temps. Maybe it’s herd immunity? None of us have the answers. The positives I see is 98-99% survive, deaths are appearing to be less everyday from this virus and not the millions once predicted,warmer days are here. To be me it’s like a scale. Tip one way too many deaths. Tip the other way and a depression. Not an easy place for any President or governor or mayor to be in. Dang if you do and dang if you don’t. Ok let’s stay lockdown till end of April and then let’s move on and get America back open and running.

Bush knew it was possible. He was forward thinking and preparing when they could.

Bush knew it was possible. He was forward thinking and preparing when they could.

I always liked him. Still do.

Doubt this gets many likes here it a good timeline of our failures.

You want likes for posting negative BS? The only people that like negative post during something like this are negative people. The good doctor that we all know and love didn't have this thing targeted correctly in the beginning. But he isnt the person you hate who is running for re election right?

Bush was a good man maligned relentlessly.

What I find reprehensible is how the Obama administration not only sent $1.7 billion dollars in cash to Iran they released billions more of their "assets" instead of seizing them. All while failing to replenish the stockpile.

I give it 5 days before Georgia's beaches are closed again. Maybe less.

I don’t think anyone has touched on this one but the beaches weren’t opened for people to go party on the beach they were opened for exercise only no beach paraphernalia would be allowed on the beach. DNR would be patrolling and sending anyone home with beach paraphernalia and anyone who wasn’t following social distancing rules or in big groups would be sent home. From what I’ve heard everyones been following the rules and it’s only been a few people out and about. I don’t live there so someone else can say if it’s the truth about the people out on the beaches.

You want likes for posting negative BS? The only people that like negative post during something like this are negative people. The good doctor that we all know and love didn't have this thing targeted correctly in the beginning. But he isnt the person you hate who is running for re election right?

Negative or just a truth yall dont like hearing?

I always liked him. Still do.

I always liked him, too, and still do.
I thought he truly was/is compassionate and a genuinely nice person. I also give him a lot of points for virtually never criticizing his successor despite there being plenty to criticize. He was humble in that way. He respected other people in general as opposed to looking down on them. I voted for him twice.

Ironically, he was constantly maligned by the left as not only being a supposed war criminal but also for supposedly being dumb. I never heard the end of that. He didn’t have good grades in school, perhaps because he didn’t apply himself. Indeed, I don’t think he has a very high IQ like Carter, Clinton, or Obama. However, one has to wonder based on his worries about the next pandemic if he has a different kind of intelligence in the form of great intuition. Also, where does it say one has to have a high IQ to be a good and well respected person? After all, IQ is pretty much out of one’s control as I understand it. You can’t help it if you weren’t born with it.

Last edited:
I always liked him, too, and still do.
I thought he truly was/is compassionate and a genuinely nice person. I also give him a lot of points for virtually never criticizing his successor despite there being plenty to criticize. He was humble in that way. He respected other people in general as opposed to looking down on them. I voted for him twice.

Ironically, he was constantly maligned by the left as not only being a supposed war criminal but also for supposedly being dumb. I never heard the end of that. He didn’t have good grades in school, perhaps because he didn’t apply himself. Indeed, I don’t think he has a very high IQ like Carter, Clinton, or Obama. However, one has to wonder based on his worries about the next pandemic if he has a different kind of intelligence in the form of great intuition. Also, where does it say one has to have a high IQ to be a good and well respected person? After all, IQ is pretty much out of one’s control as I understand it. You can’t help it if you weren’t born with it.

Big difference between a high education type IQ and a real life IQ. He was(is) a very smart man. He has an above average IQ. The difference between him and the next Republican President is that he listened to his advisors. He surrounded himself with smart people who would tell him if he was wrong. He also thought things through and never made a move without calculating it out.

As you said, he’s a nice guy. Look at the relationship he has with the Obama’s. They are genuinely friends and Michelle Obama thinks the world of him.

Big difference between a high education type IQ and a real life IQ. He was(is) a very smart man. He has an above average IQ. The difference between him and the next Republican President is that he listened to his advisors. He surrounded himself with smart people who would tell him if he was wrong. He also thought things through and never made a move without calculating it out.

As you said, he’s a nice guy. Look at the relationship he has with the Obama’s. They are genuinely friends and Michelle Obama thinks the world of him.
Bush had been in business AND politics. He knew how to blend the two when he built his cabinet. Trump came in with no political experience. This is why the turnover has been so high in my opinion. He has been the boss his entire life. He has put some great people in his cabinet, some bad. Thats the way it goes. You dont do your job your out. He is cut throat no doubt but results matter.

Down down the number of deaths go. Which is great even with a lot of states really not being to strict. Warmer temps sure maybe a key to this virus. Maybe then again most have been exposed And never knew. I have 5 family and friends that have had it. All recovered just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back