• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare how the media covered H1N1 at this same stage versus how their covering coronavirus. That's a big part in why people are freaking out. How media coverage causes people to act and react is the eye opener to me.
Correct. 60 million got the swine flu 10 yrs ago. I don't even remember them talking about figures like that back then. Everything was downplayed.

Compare how the media covered H1N1 at this same stage versus how their covering coronavirus. That's a big part in why people are freaking out. How media coverage causes people to act and react is the eye opener to me.

There was lots of media coverage about swine flu....the reason this is being treated differently is that this is much worse than the swine flu....folks got to quit with the flu comparisons because its apple and oranges.

There was lots of media coverage about swine flu....the reason this is being treated differently is that this is much worse than the swine flu....folks got to quit with the flu comparisons because its apple and oranges.
I was comparing the media coverage between the two, not the H1N1 vs coronavirus regarding symptoms, risk ..... Thought it was obvious.

I was comparing the media coverage between the two, not the H1N1 vs coronavirus regarding symptoms, risk ..... Thought it was obvious.

There was a lot of media coverage of the swine flu though, plus there was a lot less social media etc then as well....things have changed a lot in 10 years....this is not being over hyped by the media at all.

The GA presidential preference primary voting has just been delayed from 3/24 til May due to the virus. I already got my absentee ballot so I could avoid the crowds.

The post "Trump/Republicans almost caused the Apocalypse" narrative will be interesting; hopefully given measures currently being taken and improved upon the current crisis will run it's course in another month or so; then we'll be on to the next one, can't wait for that news cycle, should keep things hopping around here.

For all those saying this is a Democrat setup to screw trumps economy......I governor you the pelosi/trump developed economic stimulus package.

We have nothing to fear but fear itself. FDR
Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country. JFK
I take no responsibility for this...DT

"We are all in this together. We must put politics aside, stop the partisanship and unify together as one nation and one family. As history has proven time and time again, Americans always rise to the challenge and overcome adversity. Our future remains brighter than anyone can imagine. Acting with compassion and love, we will heal the sick, care for those in need, help our fellow citizens and emerge from this challenge stronger and more unified than ever before. God bless you and God bless America. Thank you." DT

Well, Fridays press conference was full of exaggeration, misinformation and downright lies. Can't believe I let myself but into it in the moment. I think I'm just looking for hope so badly for this administration to do something right in its response to coronavirus. Don't say the early travel ban on China cause I'll punch you thru the internet. We know! See more below about the shitshow (I mean presser) if you want to. If not, keep your head in the sand. It's your head, this is America, do what you want with it.

Or, you could keep saying fake news about this too even though the journalistic world/community have been accurate since the outbreak, unlike the Trump admin.

Well, Fridays press conference was full of exaggeration, misinformation and downright lies. Can't believe I let myself but into it in the moment. I think I'm just looking for hope so badly for this administration to do something right in its response to coronavirus. Don't say the early travel ban on China cause I'll punch you thru the internet. We know! See more below about the shitshow (I mean presser) if you want to. If not, keep your head in the sand. It's your head, this is America, do what you want with it.

Early travel ban on China.....

Complaining about Biden’s gaffes is like complaining about Trump’s spelling or his adultery — it’s nobody’s news flash

"It's the economy, stupid."

Edit: As of just a couple of weeks ago, when the stock markets were on fire and the economy looked very strong, I was saying that Trump, despite his behavior, tweeting, etc. had a very good chance assuming that would all hold up. But now it isn't looking nearly as good for him as it did then imo. It is much more uncertain. It is, as usually is the case, mainly about the moderates/independents/swing voters as opposed to the base on each side. Just look back at history.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back