• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope just amazed that this man somehow fooled enough of you into actually voting for him....Trump has handled this poorly on all levels, part of being a true leader is accepting fault, instead Trump was promising people test that didnt exist.....and still dont.
No doubt the Government to date has not done a good job and Trump as the President bears that responsibility.

To say he fooled me is ridiculous, I made an informed choice of Trump over Hillary based on all the information available and would make that choice again today without hesitation.

What's mind-boggling iis how anybody can say they were fooled or even accuse somebody of being fooled, it was all out there in the open.

The election is long over and another one is fast upon us, make your choice and live with it, don't berate others and question their personal character and cognitive abilities just because you're bitter.

The problem is the criticism bullet has already been fired. Not chambered. FIRED! Doesnt matter what the man does or has been doing. He's already guilty. Guilty of whatever comes up in the daily Trump sucks CNN Google feed. Sorry thats just fact my man. Its ok though. Whats important is that his actions keep your family safe and he is going to do a great job with this issue too despite the inevitable criticism

Yeah Trump is guilty he cant change that now by doing stuff he should have done weeks ago. Instead he was running around making statements that were patently false and misleading while downplaying the threat.....

Yeah Trump is guilty he cant change that now by doing stuff he should have done weeks ago. Instead he was running around making statements that were patently false and misleading while downplaying the threat.....
What should he have done weeks ago? Let me guess....TESTING. And sorry but he didnt downplay the threat. That is foolish to even suggest. He simply pointed out unnecessary panic by the usual suspects as he should

And he was purposely making the false statements and downplaying the threat to try and protect his own political appearance to keep from hurting his reelection chances. Everything he does as POTUS is for himself and his empire first... not the American people. If the people happen to reap some benefit from it, that's secondary

Cowardly Republicans saved his ass on that. He was guilty and even those ass savers admitted he was guilty.

This is a global crisis it just because of the illness but the economic hit the world will take. Trump.has done nothing to mitigate this unfolding disaster and likely would t have unless they staged that intervention last Monday.

My analogy yesterday was spot on.

FWIW, the Democrats shielded Clinton from SuckGate/CigarGate. In reality, the legislative branch doesn’t want to impeach a sitting president. They go through the motions, but I can assure you that behind the scenes they are working with one another to make it a good show. They did it with Nixon (basically asked/forced him to resign so they wouldn’t have to impeach him). Ken Starr put on a good show and got what he wanted. His name out there. Same with Adam Schiff.

Didn't our corrupt impeached incompetent President claim this was a hoax just a few weeks ago? And people are still going to vote for him? ??‍♂️ I mean, I can't even with these people

So you dont think enlisting travel restrictions is getting out in front of it? Are you friggin kidding me? How far out in front of something like a virus do you think you can get?
Look, I am not, by any means a categorical Trump basher, and I think my posting history here will more than support that claim. And I am fully behind some of the things he has done as president. But his and the government's response to this was abysmal, exactly as I suspected would be. In fact, there aren't many world governments or organizations who have done a good job. Even the WHO was downplaying it.

We live in a super-connected world where economics and money matter more than sense. That is a sad but true statement.

Trump banned travel to China. Great move. Hats off. Awesome. In college, I showed up for my first year calculus final with my number 2 pencil. When I took calculus again the next semester, I realized that there was more required than just showing up.

For weeks, the message was we were fully prepared. This is no big deal. The flu kills more people. Don't worry. We have it all under control. Cases are diminishing. It won't be a big deal here. Millions of tests will be ready next week. Ok next week. Ok next week.

Meanwhile, China is burning. Then Iran. Then Italy. The rest of Europe. Japan. More cases popping up everywhere. The US. Now, everything everywhere is shutting down. People are having to go out into large crowds to get the things they need -- things that are disappearing -- and unknowingly interacting with people who have the virus that they are trying to avoid. Now we're shutting travel to more and more places. The stock market has crashed. And it's about to get a whole lot worse here.

None of that comports with the early and frequent no big deal messaging or lack of urgency that was displayed, save shutting down travel to China. It's a good thing that no Chinese thought to get on a plane, go to another country that wasn't banned, and enter that way. Whew.

Trump gets a solid D here. Now we are reacting and trying to play catch-up because we are way behind. We are being FORCED into doing all of the things that we should have done weeks ago. We blew it. And it's a shame because he really could have been a hero here.

That is an objective view. And it is entirely accurate.

Look, I am not, by any means a categorical Trump basher, and I think my posting history here will more than support that claim. And I am fully behind some of the things he has done as president. But his and the government's response to this was abysmal, exactly as I suspected would be. In fact, there aren't many world governments or organizations who have done a good job. Even the WHO was downplaying it.

We live in a super-connected world where economics and money matter more than sense. That is a sad but true statement.

Trump banned travel to China. Great move. Hats off. Awesome. In college, I showed up for my first year calculus final with my number 2 pencil. When I took calculus again the next semester, I realized that there was more required than just showing up.

For weeks, the message was we were fully prepared. This is no big deal. The flu kills more people. Don't worry. We have it all under control. Cases are diminishing. It won't be a big deal here. Millions of tests will be ready next week. Ok next week. Ok next week.

Meanwhile, China is burning. Then Iran. Then Italy. The rest of Europe. Japan. More cases popping up everywhere. The US. Now, everything everywhere is shutting down. People are having to go out into large crowds to get the things they need -- things that are disappearing -- and unknowingly interacting with people who have the virus that they are trying to avoid. Now we're shutting travel to more and more places. The stock market has crashed. And it's about to get a whole lot worse here.

None of that comports with the early and frequent no big deal messaging or lack of urgency that was displayed, save shutting down travel to China. It's a good thing that no Chinese thought to get on a plane, go to another country that wasn't banned, and enter that way. Whew.

Trump gets a solid D here. Now we are reacting and trying to play catch-up because we are way behind. We are being FORCED into doing all of the things that we should have done weeks ago. We blew it. And it's a shame because he really could have been a hero here.

Did you watch the presser yesterday? You see all those smart people behind him? Did you listen to anything they had to say? Preparing for something like this is not impossible but extremely difficult for many reasons. I have always been taught to question everything but to also be reasonable in my objections. To give someone a D on a test of this magnitude doesnt make sense to me. A "D" compared to what? To who? This virus has been in the news for how long now? If you are in the position the President or any world leader is in with this, there is a fine line between preparing and panicking. I keep hearing that Trump dismissed this as a hoax and that is plain stupidity. I get his verbage on things is often times outlandish but for some to suggest he blew this off is insane.

I will end with this. If the grade is a "D" then the entire class gets a "D" on this one because any unpreparedness in this country started a long time ago from the top to the bottom.

The only thing I would add RC is the semester isn't over yet. There may still be time to get that D up. Hopefully, yesterday we saw the beginning of that.
Totally agree. We're still in the first quarter. I am glad to see the apparent steps being taken now, and I don't mean to detract from that.

Nope just amazed that this man somehow fooled enough of you into actually voting for him....Trump has handled this poorly on all levels, part of being a true leader is accepting fault, instead Trump was promising people test that didnt exist.....and still dont.
You know what's going to be funny......... your face come November when you realize that you are in the minority with your way of thinking concerning Trump. The same ones that put him in office in 2016 will vote him in again. Only this time, more Dems will join the party. You can bet on that.

Did you watch the presser yesterday? You see all those smart people behind him? Did you listen to anything they had to say? Preparing for something like this is not impossible but extremely difficult for many reasons. I have always been taught to question everything but to also be reasonable in my objections. To give someone a D on a test of this magnitude doesnt make sense to me. A "D" compared to what? To who? This virus has been in the news for how long now? If you are in the position the President or any world leader is in with this, there is a fine line between preparing and panicking. I keep hearing that Trump dismissed this as a hoax and that is plain stupidity. I get his verbage on things is often times outlandish but for some to suggest he blew this off is insane.

I will end with this. If the grade is a "D" then the entire class gets a "D" on this one because any unpreparedness in this country started a long time ago from the top to the bottom.
See the comments I just wrote. So far, I'd give HK and Singapore and maybe SK a B in terms of their immediate response. I am with you in that I don't think Trump was claiming the virus was a hoax the way it's being spun. But the no big deal talk for a long time was utterly ridiculous. Anyone paying any attention at all can see that.

The main issue is that we are being forced now to communicate and in the way we should have done weeks ago. It was always going to get to this point. Pretending otherwise is silly. Now, we are out of time. Then, we still had time.

Thread winning post right there fellas!!!

See the comments I just wrote. So far, I'd give HK and Singapore and maybe SK a B in terms of their immediate response. I am with you in that I don't think Trump was claiming the virus was a hoax the way it's being spun. But the no big deal talk for a long time was utterly ridiculous. Anyone paying any attention at all can see that.

The main issue is that we are being forced now to communicate and in the way we should have done weeks ago. It was always going to get to this point. Pretending otherwise is silly. Now, we are out of time. Then, we still had time.
Still had time to do what? What have we run out of time on?

You know what's going to be funny......... your face come November when you realize that you are in the minority with your way of thinking concerning Trump. The same ones that put him in office in 2016 will vote him in again. Only this time, more Dems will join the party. You can bet on that.

And what if he doesn't win? Dems are supposed to say oh look at your face I told you so... see how silly that sounds :rolleyes:

Agree with Sandbar on this.
Let's look at Ebola.... this was a disease that kills a lot more of it's victims. America really did nothing to protect our citizens. Sure, we sent folks to fight it in Africa, but we basically waited to see if this would even effect us here or not. It didn't, and doing nothing turned out to be the correct solution. This disease is a China-created disaster, and to place any blame on our country is absurd. Sure the POTUS, tried to stop mass panic (and you would do the same) by not disclosing all the information he was privy to. To be honest, the ones who are saying these ridiculous things don't realize just how much of world panic an acting US president could create, if he acted too hastily.

And what if he doesn't win? Dems are supposed to say oh look at your face I told you so... see how silly that sounds :rolleyes:
No what sounds even more silly to me is to suggest that America is a nation of ignorant fools because we voted him in. It's really easy to stand back and point a finger at someone else isn't it? A lot of folks need to do some self-examinations before casting so many stones.

Less people are turning out for Bernie this year than in 2016. That's because they have a better option than Hillary. Those same 120k Democrats that held their noses for trump over Hillary won't have to hold their noses this go around to vote for biden. Dont be surprised if those people that hedged a bet on trump have soured on him and his narcissistic behavior.

Trump cared more about the stock market than the people because that's ALL he has to run on.

Why didnt he tweet "Millions of test kits delivered on monday" yesterday? Why is he more focused on the stock market than test kits?

Less people are turning out for Bernie this year than in 2016. That's because they have a better option than Hillary. Those same 120k Democrats that held their noses for trump over Hillary won't have to hold their noses this go around to vote for biden. Dont be surprised if those people that hedged a bet on trump have soured on him and his narcissistic behavior.

Trump cared more about the stock market than the people because that's ALL he has to run on.

Why didnt he tweet "Millions of test kits delivered on monday" yesterday? Why is he more focused on the stock market than test kits?

Yeah I think Bernie getting less votes, especially in a state like Michigan for example, probably correlates a lot more to the rust belt states strongly disliking the Clinton family more than anything. We won't know for sure until we see there, but there are fingers pointing towards this idea.

Sounds like you paid no attention to the press conference yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back