• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

You were born in S GA? Interesting. Their base sauce is slightly sweet, but they also have a mustard base. I always ask for extra mustard base, my favorite, on the side. Their lean brisket is awesome.

Have you ever been to Bessinger’s in Charleston? Their base is an excellent mustard base.
@Bham 99

@Stormsfury
Thanks. And no on Bessingers. Ill keep your 2 suggestions in the grey matter next time passing through the Savannah River Basin. We will be smoking some butts this weekend, watching the pigskin!

This is my point about the free market though right? One raised prices one seemimgly didn't or did to a lesser degree. I know there are places that only have 1 grocery store but my point here is your have multiple places in general to shop for food. If someone is too high on x you can go somewhere else to save money, you hold the business accountable by spending elsewhere. You cant do that for electricity
There's a Walmart almost in every town.

That's true enough and one of the reasons I do not think Harris will be as bad as people on here think. She is just like any other politician who will say what they think they need to say to get elected. I do think Bernie Sanders wanted real change, but they made sure he never got to the White House.
What has she done to make you think she's being truthful? What has she done with yourself to make you think she's a moderate? Smh. Biden was supposedly a moderate and look what happened.

You were born in S GA? Interesting. Their base sauce is slightly sweet, but they also have a mustard base. I always ask for extra mustard base, my favorite, on the side. Their lean brisket is awesome.

Have you ever been to Bessinger’s in Charleston? Their base is an excellent mustard base.
@Bham 99

@Stormsfury
I definitely not a fan of mustard base. But I've not been there in Charleston yet.

This is my point about the free market though right? One raised prices one seemimgly didn't or did to a lesser degree. I know there are places that only have 1 grocery store but my point here is your have multiple places in general to shop for food. If someone is too high on x you can go somewhere else to save money, you hold the business accountable by spending elsewhere. You cant do that for electricity
Electricity, oil, Internet, and Insurance are all businesses that have some kind of collusion or regional monopoly that makes it hard to escape extreme increases. One station goes up and they all do in a 20 mile radius by the same.

As far as food that's why smaller grocers would be more ideal too in more frequent numbers. More urban areas have options, but some more rural regions get one large chain that kills small ones, but monopolizes the town and that's where it goes wrong. People aren't going to drive 20 more miles to save unless it's significant and known.

Electricity, oil, Internet, and Insurance are all businesses that have some kind of collusion or regional monopoly that makes it hard to escape extreme increases. One station goes up and they all do in a 20 mile radius by the same.

As far as food that's why smaller grocers would be more ideal too in more frequent numbers. More urban areas have options, but some more rural regions get one large chain that kills small ones, but monopolizes the town and that's where it goes wrong. People aren't going to drive 20 more miles to save unless it's significant and known.
In Birmingham Publix has put everybody out of business other than Winn-Dixie and Walmart. Everywhere you go in Birmingham there's a Publix.

You are 100% correct there. All of us are stuck with a monopoly there. Thankfully we are on a small, customer owned company here. It has to be rough for the folks on Duke though.

What if they all did it because they had cover of "supply chain" issues? Got to be a reason why grocers in general.....not just Kroger.....saw profit increases of hundreds of percents. You had big oil not even hiding it when they were blatantly saying they were paying back stockholders when gas was damn near $5

What has she done to make you think she's being truthful? What has she done with yourself to make you think she's a moderate? Smh. Biden was supposedly a moderate and look what happened.
To be honest I cannot think of anything and yes, I did not think Biden would do a lot of what he did, but he had to go left because of all the stuff that happened in 2020.

It sucks but I'll give them credit when the power is out post storm it hasn't been out long
Yes and that expedience is also overhead. As we complain about costs of things, we should also keep in mind the overhead and risks businesses face.

That was not a slight at you SD, but for those that get panicked on a business’s success

Reactions: SD

That is one of the bad things about living in a small county, but Spartanburg is only 18 miles away and that is where we go. People on the other end of my county pretty much need to use Walmart and the have to drive 20 miles just to get there.

Because emotions are involved people cannot see that Trump is the moderate and Harris is the most liberal presidential candidate since McGovern.
The reason I know that's true is because shaggy can't not clown the comment... But more importantly I've never heard of a Republican getting endorsed by Democrats at the rate Trump is getting endorsed. They would not be endorsing the most conservative Republican running they just would be quiet.

The reason I know that's true is because shaggy can't not clown the comment... But more importantly I've never heard of a Republican getting endorsed by Democrats at the rate Trump is getting endorsed. They would not be endorsing the most conservative Republican running they just would be quiet.

What democrats are endorsing Trump? Harris has 100's of big name GOP people endorsing her...

What world do you live in? Republicans came outnin droves at the DNC to endorse Harris. How many major democrats did that at the RNC?

Back