• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Outside of the SE thread

No words. Denver is in the 60s and I was an hour and a half away 😲 that was insane it started to snow as I approached too

Colorado is definitely not like many other states 🤣View attachment 146788
The Denver area has the most variable weather in the country and its not even close. I roll my eyes when anyone in Alabama says it.

The Denver area has the most variable weather in the country and its not even close. I roll my eyes when anyone in Alabama says it.
You’re right. If you look at their average temperatures, it’s really not as low as you would expect with the amount of snow they average. I think the lowest average highs are in the lower 40s. It’s literally because they’re so many days that will be near 60 one day and then near 20 the next. Also it’s interesting how shallow those Arctic airmasses can get there. One time about 15 years ago I was on a business trip there and the temperature in town was in the single digits in the early afternoon, while at the ski resorts just to the west of town had temperatures in the upper 20s

You’re right. If you look at their average temperatures, it’s really not as low as you would expect with the amount of snow they average. I think the lowest average highs are in the lower 40s. It’s literally because they’re so many days that will be near 60 one day and then near 20 the next. Also it’s interesting how shallow those Arctic airmasses can get there. One time about 15 years ago I was on a business trip there and the temperature in town was in the single digits in the early afternoon, while at the ski resorts just to the west of town had temperatures in the upper 20s

Yeah Denver hit 66 and I saw 24 on my car where I took that picture. Literally as soon as you drove away conditions rapidly changed. Elevation is everything they were twice as high as Denver

No words. Denver is in the 60s and I was an hour and a half away 😲 that was insane it started to snow as I approached too

Colorado is definitely not like many other states 🤣View attachment 146788
Yeah man. When I ski’d Breckinridge in the late 2000’s a couple times I remember driving from Denver and it being sunny skies but when I hit that first tunnel in the mountains and got to the other side of the pass it was blowing snow and freezing cold. That place is wild.

Yeah man. When I ski’d Breckinridge in the late 2000’s a couple times I remember driving from Denver and it being sunny skies but when I hit that first tunnel in the mountains and got to the other side of the pass it was blowing snow and freezing cold. That place is wild.

It's just crazy to me that you can drive barely an hour down the interstate and get your snow fix here if Denver ever has a snowless streak or something or like this trip where the only snow from Friday is a dirty pile now 🤣 I mean there was so much snow at Loveland you could barely walk on it. I didn't even see that yesterday in the national park 2-3k feet lower

Heck I might do this trip again next winter way earlier and just get it over with 🤣

Last edited:
Looking ahead what are the implications of a strong La Niña for next winter? I like to think the Midwest fairs better but with these global ocean temps who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking ahead what are the implications of a strong La Niña for next winter? I like to think the Midwest fairs better but with these global ocean temps who knows.

More cold and more snow in Niñas here! This was still the worsts winter out of 4 for me! Even with the 10 day stretch of amazing snow, my first 3 winters here were great , with 50-60”+ all 3 winters! Think I’m holding at about 30” now and set all time winter record highs in a lot of Iowa today! (D-F)

More cold and more snow in Niñas here! This was still the worsts winter out of 4 for me! Even with the 10 day stretch of amazing snow, my first 3 winters here were great , with 50-60”+ all 3 winters! Think I’m holding at about 30” now and set all time winter record highs in a lot of Iowa today! (D-F)

Tornado sirens here in Naperville in February - wild. Last year was a strong nina and relatively snowless in Chicago. I hope that was a fluke.

Tornado sirens here in Naperville in February - wild. Last year was a strong nina and relatively snowless in Chicago. I hope that was a fluke.

I've looked here and I can't find any examples of going 3 years with as little snow as we've had the last two here so I mean... I would assume things cant get any worse 🤣 there have been several back to back winters so thats not unheard of

I mean apparently today Tulsa set the longest stretch of 70+ degree highs on record in the winter so the bar is pretty low at this point

I've looked here and I can't find any examples of going 3 years with as little snow as we've had the last two here so I mean... I would assume things cant get any worse there have been several back to back winters so thats not unheard of

I mean apparently today Tulsa set the longest stretch of 70+ degree highs on record in the winter so the bar is pretty low at this point

I swear I moved north and brought the climate with me.

I swear I moved north and brought the climate with me.

Lol i'm feeling the same way here tbh. I mean the first winter I was here was good(mostly one storm in February but at least we had something in February) last two winters ugh have been no better than I saw in Dallas or Alabama even as a kid

But with our climo I'm sure it's only a matter of time til we flip back... Even 21-22 had a foot here

Just from reading some of the Lakes Ohio Valley thread at the other place, Chicago is usually the battleground for frozen and rain on most storms.
I’ve been missed S and East by a few winter storms, last year with MSP getting about 100”, was the only time I was missed North quite a bit! I’m in a good spot usually, most of the times N of HWY 20 is the snow line and I happen to be about 3-4 miles north of that!

It won’t verify but man the 18z GFS had a ripper for me and [mention]Tarheel1 [/mention]at the end of the run.

@Brent anyone .

How far away from the Pantex plant is this fire? Is it heading away or towards?

1709564614038.png

Back