• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Outside of the SE thread

After “cooling” back down to 115 yesterday, Las Vegas was back up to a high of 119 today, one away from Sunday’s all-time record high. Before Sunday, the all-time record high was 117.

Last edited:
Las Vegas was 117 at 3PM PDT. They’re going to be very close to 119-120 again. What an amazing heatwave!

Edit: They ended up at “only” 118. So, they’ve had 120, 119, and 118 during 3 of last 4 days. Before 2024, they hadn’t recorded above 117!

Last edited:
Vegas hit 118 today, another record. It has on 4 of the last 5 days hit 118-120, all of which are hotter than the 117 record hottest that existed before this summer.

Vegas hit 118 today, another record. It has on 4 of the last 5 days hit 118-120, all of which are hotter than the 117 record hottest that existed before this summer.
My wife was in Vegas three weeks ago when the hottest temperature maxed out at around 110 degrees. Her timing was good since I know she doesn't tolerate heat very well. The Western US has been nothing short of an oven this year.

My wife was in Vegas three weeks ago when the hottest temperature maxed out at around 110 degrees. Her timing was good since I know she doesn't tolerate heat very well. The Western US has been nothing short of an oven this year.
I hope the west coast ridge keeps up right through winter! Even if it does, there will be a two week period where they get 300% of normal snowfall for the entire season!

Got 1 1/2” of rain! Now cool and dry for next 7+ days. Non event at my place! Maybe 40 mph gusts

Back