• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Outside of the SE thread

Brent you deserve it!
GFS coming in money for me! ?⛄⛄⛄1DEE8A6B-B12F-4CED-A600-65B8EB5A00B7.png

Everyone pretty much going 1-3 here with maybe a spot up to 6. They aren't buying the widespread big totals
A lot of talk about how much snow that does fall will melt. Even with some of the negative factors (warm ground, temperatures just above freezing) there are some factors making me think that we may see more accumulation.

First one is that there will be bands of snow where it will be HEAVY and that could overpower the warm ground temperatures. If we end up with bigger totals thats how its gonna happen. Second is that most of this is coming through after sunset so we wont have sun angle working aginst us which should help a little.

A lot of talk about how much snow that does fall will melt. Even with some of the negative factors (warm ground, temperatures just above freezing) there are some factors making me think that we may see more accumulation.

First one is that there will be bands of snow where it will be HEAVY and that could overpower the warm ground temperatures. If we end up with bigger totals thats how its gonna happen. Second is that most of this is coming through after sunset so we wont have sun angle working aginst us which should help a little.

Yeah time of day may be what ultimately saves us here tbh or dooms us depending on your point of view ?

I mean I've seen these same setups before have someone way overperform

SW OK getting it good now. Mesonet showing temperatures here have dropped to 32-33 and based off reflectivity it must be ripping out there right now. Should be moving northeast in the coming hours.67FAD7E7-C531-4029-A92A-BAA87F112899.png

I sure wish I was in in NW AR. Looks like they will be the big winners.

They always win over there.... More elevation. It's mostly the hills above the cities that will probably see the warning criteria snow most likely

It's gonna be late here like I thought but I see no reason we won't at least meet expectations. I got a feeling around daybreak it may be raging

Back