• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Outside of the SE thread

Wow 30 year Mesonet OK record broken at 126F

F082VvLWcAIvtfS
What was the actual temperature?

This airmass is something else though with how efficiently it heats up.

Yet again, despite being socked in with convective debris all morning with light showers, highs still recovered into the low/mid 100s.

Last edited:
At last, we have a morning with plenty of blue sky and good insolation.

We'll be interesting to see what difference that makes with the highs.

Either way, off to the races!

At last, we have a morning with plenty of blue sky and good insolation.

We'll be interesting to see what difference that makes with the highs.

Either way, off to the races!

Achieved an intra-hour high of 101*F early in the afternoon before the outflow boundary (pseudo-front) moved through. DFW's currently at 10 days AOA 100*F for the season.

I did speak too soon about the cloud cover, because an altostratus cloud deck quickly filled in not long after my post this morning and stuck around for much of the day.

Some nice garden variety storms moving through

It's a nice way to get brief relief from the 100s.

Tulsa only hit 93 thanks to nearby storms at peak heating but the heat is on tomorrow. We've only hit 100 once so far but probably will make a run for it tomorrow. Also the dewpoints are back to being sky high again

But there's still a front on Friday... Seems to be the pattern heat peaks mid week then the weekend is actually not terrible
image1.png

Tulsa only hit 93 thanks to nearby storms at peak heating but the heat is on tomorrow. We've only hit 100 once so far but probably will make a run for it tomorrow. Also the dewpoints are back to being sky high again

But there's still a front on Friday... Seems to be the pattern heat peaks mid week then the weekend is actually not terrible
View attachment 135797

I've noticed the pattern too

We'll get 4-5 days of 100s in Dallas, a brief 2-3 day "cool down," then another several-day streak with 100s (rinse, wash and repeat).

As of 3pm, DFW is at 107*F, making it the new hottest day of the year.

We're two degrees away from tying the hottest day of the year in 2022.

Back