• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Oppressive Ornery Obstinate Opposite October

Goofus says break back out those shorts and flip flops by Nov. 1st
f7bc960512fd6d1b5c292dc9be911c73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18z gfs continues to show a nice cold next week, the one after around Halloween or November 1 is still a blurry picture this far out, plus its the 18z gfs happy hr, LOL!! Signs and models are showing some good stuff maybe first of month, will see. Plenty time to go.

You should check out the new CFSv2! For D,J,F, JB posted it! It's pants tightening! Seems like he's wanting to take back his torch outlook and go to his wheelhouse cold winter forecast!

You should check out the new CFSv2! For D,J,F, JB posted it! It's pants tightening! Seems like he's wanting to take back his torch outlook and go to his wheelhouse cold winter forecast!

What’s new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37 this morning

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
A boring 43 this morning. Looking forward to colder next week! Fingers crossed

The euro only had temps dipping into the mid 40s here this morning in RDU, got officially down to 37F at the airport. This cold shot next week looks very impressive and the euro is already at least 5F colder than this morning area wide, could end up being the first frost or freeze for many...

Webber, when will you have your winter forecast out? Or a good idea what may happen?
My forecast last year didn't come out until the end of November and the forecast was valid thru March. I don't plan to release mine for a while and let things play out a bit so some of the non-ENSO related specifics can be resolved... Currently shooting for mid-late November.

The euro only had temps dipping into the mid 40s here this morning in RDU, got officially down to 37F at the airport. This cold shot next week looks very impressive and the euro is already at least 5F colder than this morning area wide, could end up being the first frost or freeze for many...
Coldest morning since early april

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oddly enough the Euro agrees with same idea and timing
Yeah once Lan developed, much of the divergence went away in NWP... Now it's going to be more of an issue related to how they handle it's diabatic heating and concomitant upper level outflow as well as the extravagance of the eventual extratropical transition. This ultimately determines the strength of the upper level ridge that will balloon to its NE and the associated ageostrophic geopotential flux that allows the Rossby Wave packet to propagate eastward and thus affects the speed of said Wave packet, timing, amplitude, & shape of the trough over the eastern US around Oct 26...

Back