• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

Fro,
When you say phase 1 in Oct “isn’t great”, you mean from a cool pattern lover’s perspective rather than your own perspective, correct? I’d think you’d like those reds.
It would be warm but I want some active weather, that look is one that leans to dry boring and warm, that’s what I mean by saying it isn’t great

I have to respectfully disagree and say that's not just how it goes in Oct. Maybe it's true that's how it's been going for a decade or more now. But it's been ridiculously warm for what the past few October's except last year? Averages are just that, averages buy usually half the days are above average and half below to get the average. When 25 out of 30 days every month are above average it kind of gets old.
Congrats you’ve joined the club of people who have figured out global warming is a thing and is effecting us and there’s nothing we single handedly can do about it except accept it as a new norm .. I’ve also only lived here for about a decade so yeah this is Normal October weather for me here

Euro seems to cool per the EPS as usualView attachment 92839View attachment 92840
At the end of the day the EPS are smoothed out averages and they are only slightly above normal there .. they are good for seeing the big time players off the west coast and up in Canada but there’s certainly room off the East coast for something to brew that could help our temps stay average to below average if we got some sort of big low pressure anomaly out there .. all models pick up on something like that which again probably give us that smoothed out look of maybe a bit above normal but I’m sure there’s members that go opposite and some that go full Torch .. we just gotta wait and see what comes of it

Gfs continues a trend to a meaty noteworthy CAD event early next week and by the time it wears away here comes a thick upper level low the models have been shuffling around with … a lot more unknowns right now other than a wild pattern is bound to ensue here shortly F45F71FF-6C89-4324-8AE8-4197B7881398.png5294344A-86D9-45FA-BF9D-AB0094992F3E.png

wonder what mr maxar is gonna say about this View attachment 92856View attachment 92857

Warm bias. ;)

I hope not but I fear this neverending theme of correcting warmer due to cold bias/stubborn SER will persist. It has been happening like clockwork for a number of years now. Why should it end now? I think their theory is that it is partially related to the ridiculously warm and strong forcing from the Maritime Continent that the models don’t handle well. And of course La Niña loves the SER. And the +AMO probably plays into it, too. Today’s runs’ warming adjustments were ridiculous but the warm lovers must love them.

Meanwhile, I had 2 spectacular walks the prior two days! I love autumn when it acts like autumn!

Back