• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

This late week into early next week pattern looks messy and potentially more so than being advertised. Canadian ridge, energy moving east in the fast flow below the ridge, strong polar origin wave trying to dig SE on the east side of the ridge. Good recipe to see forecasts change drastically.
Yeah I really don’t like the Gfs spitting out mid 80s again that would just poop right in my face and thinking that we were done with those..

This late week into early next week pattern looks messy and potentially more so than being advertised. Canadian ridge, energy moving east in the fast flow below the ridge, strong polar origin wave trying to dig SE on the east side of the ridge. Good recipe to see forecasts change drastically.

Maybe change in a good way regarding Precip. Because you can't get much worse than this.

1634573800881.png

Here’s a nice trend away from warmth towards strong CAD .. ( again this pattern can go warm then cold then warm then cold at the end of the day there is no solid pattern holding in place .. because it’s finally fall and that’s what we get in the fall) F17D85B5-8704-4C91-B625-F468C15BDFCA.jpegB9B88182-4C91-4228-BFBB-056F9D32ACE1.jpeg914FB11E-5782-4904-844C-08033C82B830.jpeg

Yeah models seem much warmer then when I last checked them a day or so ago. ???‍♂️
Yeah it’s not looking too bad. Colder nights and warm peak heating days .. pretty typical this time of year .. we should have a nice CAD soon that should help out those warm highs becoming much more bearable but it’s just October here just how it goes ??‍♂️

Yeah it’s not looking too bad. Colder nights and warm peak heating days .. pretty typical this time of year .. we should have a nice CAD soon that should help out those warm highs becoming much more bearable but it’s just October here just how it goes ??‍♂️
I have to respectfully disagree and say that's not just how it goes in Oct. Maybe it's true that's how it's been going for a decade or more now. But it's been ridiculously warm for what the past few October's except last year? Averages are just that, averages buy usually half the days are above average and half below to get the average. When 25 out of 30 days every month are above average it kind of gets old.

Back