• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

Hit 40 even. Feels amazing outside and makes me wonder if 30s are possible tonight. Low was 46 but we passed it around midnight.
I think there is a good chance. From RAH:

Hazardous Weather Outlook
Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Raleigh NC
357 AM EDT Sun Oct 17 2021

NCZ007>010-021>026-038>041-073>076-083-084-180800-
Person-Granville-Vance-Warren-Forsyth-Guilford-Alamance-Orange-
Durham-Franklin-Davidson-Randolph-Chatham-Wake-Stanly-Montgomery-
Moore-Lee-Anson-Richmond-
357 AM EDT Sun Oct 17 2021

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central North Carolina.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

Very isolated and light frost is possible Monday morning
as temperatures fall into the mid to upper 30s in outlying and rural
areas of the NC Piedmont.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Monday through Saturday.

Hazardous weather is not expected at this time.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation is not expected at this time.

$$

This ain't a bad pattern if it isnt gonna snow again, because let's face it, this nuking Canada / crappy Pacific keeps repeating itself. I know, I know, iTs OnlY OcToBeR, but we've already been living this pattern on and off for the last 6 weeks.

TL:DR. Don't get your hopes up.
We roasted it up there all of September, so far all of October and models continue this into November, I’m sorry but this is getting to a point where it would start to have a effect
8B73D101-BC17-44F2-887E-BD8248A0F4F0.png

Looks like last year to me. Not surprising with the same Enso state and warm waters around the Maritime continent. Will we waste another year of good blocking? I hope not because blocks are hard to come by anymore. The start of the last decade started with 2 in a row as well. 09-10 and first half of 10-11 had blocking and we did well. Then we got nada again until last year where we crashed and burned anyway. If we're in a cycle where we go almost a decade between good blocking winters I hope we don't screw this one up. I know blocking in Oct doesn't always translate to blocking in winter but just like last year this one seems to want to hang around.

Back