• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

Storms last night in the Birmingham area knocked a tree through my pastors house missing his 4 kids and he and his wife. These storms have been rough along with all the saturated ground.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

This can shift SW to you would be fine with me lol. Don't want that much rain, farmers needed that weeks ago not in the middle of harvest season but if we gonna feel like summer might as well have some interesting weather to go along with it I guess.
Yeah looks like peanuts and soybeans left to harvest. I'm not even sure a 1-3 inch rain would cause an issue since it's been so dry lately.

Yeah looks like peanuts and soybeans left to harvest. I'm not even sure a 1-3 inch rain would cause an issue since it's been so dry lately.
1-3 probably not (3 might be getting close) but if one of those 6" amounts like the CMC is showing actually occurs, different scenario. That low is the wild card

Reactions: SD
As of today, DFW is at 2.1*F above average for October.

That number should go up notably after tomorrow.

I wonder if daily avg on dew points is a thing? I guess it would trend close to avg lows
Yeah I would think so too, all I know is avg. highs drop below 70 around the 25th and right now it's struggling to drop below that at night lol

Reactions: SD
Perhaps moving out of the Subtropical Climate region would help? ?
I personally feel the subtropical category is too expansive . It includes places like New York city which despite all its UHI still barely has January means above freezing . It almost includes Cincinnati Ohio now even .

I’d watch these storms as they move further north for a brief tornado potential, especially if they continue to organize.15B7E409-F8F9-4CA0-BECF-2F5B5B5A5940.png

Back