• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

This look reminds me of last spring, nice hail setup with long straight Hodographs (supports left splits as well) keep this look and a large hail setup may be possible FC0F0820-1E0A-4941-ADF9-1E7861175CD9.pngF0155EB7-F982-44F1-ADD2-2F5787045C47.png83ABE038-26CF-4F3A-9AEE-D13E41C54658.pngC2E0EFCC-56F0-4753-B0A7-AED1F69C6450.png

Honestly, I really didn’t want to see that trading toward the west, this early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep because cold November pattern in this case with Nina forcing means when the wavelengths reach their full maturity (& lengthen) in DJF, we are going to be in the crest of a ridge. This definitely looks like one of those winters where we will probably need to score early and often in December and January, as most signs point towards a raging +AO/NAO/-PNA in late winter and spring.

Yep because cold November pattern in this case with Nina forcing means when the wavelengths reach their full maturity (& lengthen) in DJF, we are going to be in the crest of a ridge. This definitely looks like one of those winters where we will probably need to score early and often in December and January, as most signs point towards a raging +AO/NAO/-PNA in late winter and spring.

That’s Probably gonna be the build up to a big severe weather pattern when we move towards spring

So are phases 7 through 2 what bring cooler weather to the SE?

Here’s the answer to your question...

7f72f1bd17f17848c4e82e12feb540f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It always seems like with 1st years or single year LaNinas that the window for southern winter storms is early... late November to mid January.... 2000-01 and 2010-11 come to mind. Do you think this LaNina is a multi-year event, because if it is that’s bad news for next year... for example 2011-12 was the 2nd year of a LaNina and we all remember how horrible that was

There is an anomaly however, which may cause a temporary displacement for this wavelength. TS EPSILON. I read a blog from Cosgrove and he seems to agree.

There is an anomaly however, which may cause a temporary displacement for this wavelength. TS EPSILON. I read a blog from Cosgrove and he seems to agree.
Id watch the west PAC too here's as we may get a couple of typhoons in the coming weeks. Probably just going to lead toward a nice western trough and SE ridge

It always seems like with 1st years or single year LaNinas that the window for southern winter storms is early... late November to mid January.... 2000-01 and 2010-11 come to mind. Do you think this LaNina is a multi-year event, because if it is that’s bad news for next year... for example 2011-12 was the 2nd year of a LaNina and we all remember how horrible that was

Usually ~50% of La Nina events last more than one consecutive boreal winter. As for snow, it's slightly higher on average in first year La Ninas, but this certainly isn't always true or are the difference(s) between 2nd and first year La Ninas statistically significant

Back