• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

The GFS agrees with the ICON along with the the Canadian. All have widespread 30s for low. The GFS does have lower dewpoints (in the lower to mid 20s area wide). This actually could be bad; whereas we actually want dewpoints closer to the actual surface temp to be able to get frost. Kind of a double edged sword.

The euro is about 10 degrees warmer than most others.

The GFS agrees with the ICON along with the the Canadian. All have widespread 30s for low. The GFS does have lower dewpoints (in the lower to mid 20s area wide). This actually could be bad; whereas we actually want dewpoints closer to the actual surface temp to be able to get frost. Kind of a double edged sword.

The euro is about 10 degrees warmer than most others.
Euro keeps the wind up with gusts around 10 overnight Saturday night. If we go calm I could easily see 32-34 but if the wind stays up it'll be pretty underwhelming and around 40. Either way likely the coldest night so far this season

Severe threat up here today! Then winter comes later in the week46A044B2-4C2D-44A3-A6B2-54FDCD32C6AF.png

And just like 99% of the time this year, the severe threat for today is removed from the Triangle and stays to the south and east.

Looks like my prediction for the first freeze on October 18 may happen . Also I am going to a star viewing event at Medoc mountain state park where they will have all these large telescopes to use on the 17th which is perfectly timed with the cold dry air ! Literally couldn’t ask for better viewing conditions .

Back