• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe October 23-25 Severe Potential

HRRR completely lost our moisture for tomorrow lol View attachment 93495View attachment 93496

I haven't been following this much so this has probably been said. IMO the HRRR's weakest link is it's DPs it has a horrible mixing bias.

For example here is yesterdays 18z run vs reality right now. It had me mixing to 40 but I'm at 52 right now. Not saying it's going to be 10 off tmrw. But I'd for sure bet on them being higher than it's forecast.

8DBCFD9D-9678-4B92-BF8A-FFCA302147AC.gif

Closer to the Virginia border looks to be the better spot from what models have shown recently but that could mean linear stuff up there turns into cellular but isolated further south
This seems to be the case here frequently. We either get renegades or the squall line breaks up and becomes isolated stuff.

Hrrr is struggling badly with dewpoints, in fact even after HR 0 it still is to low, it’s shows Charlotte at 44 for analysis when KCLT has 52 right now
It basically showed many areas in NC especially being in the 40s around this time from earlier runs, when in reality there in the low to near mid 50sD4760E87-E3F3-43C0-96D9-374BDF525BF1.gifC5FFE4B5-8558-44A2-8FCB-9234A3C45603.gif

Worried about the wind damage potential roughly from Boone to Winston. Could see some destructive 80mph
Gusts. With sharp cutoff to little to nothing for say mount airy and Statesville it’s gonna be a linear corridor of power outages I may chase this one at the base of 421 near Chick-fil-A Wilkesboro would ideal to have a straight shot west bound as it gains momentum E to Elkin, Yadkinville, Rural Hall.

3 PDS WARNINGS BACK TO BACK TO BACK. VIOLENT TORNADOES ON THE GROUND IN MISSOURI.

Debris being lifted 20000 feet in the hair with debris ball almost 3 miles wide

Back