• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October '22

12z GFS is warmer. Hope it's right.

The ridge was relentless in that run. The mid south got cold in that run but it didn’t quite make the SE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next couple of weeks still look dominated by a deep -PNA/Aleutian ridge due to poor trop forcing. Continued AN temps (some cool days perhaps from wedging) seem to be the continued theme. EPS has a deep -PNA the entire run. Imo the evolution seems to remind me of last December where we’re gonna be stuck in a 2-3 week long stretch of -PNA. E4D96355-3290-4BF7-8AC8-EF14AE4875A2.png55814BDE-3BBC-46D1-A649-0BCEC3B4C46A.png0FE59240-5B58-4181-A7AB-4AF323D655E2.png73A1D11E-443F-4430-A242-26D180CF48F1.pngI do think mid-late november the higher latitudes respond or we see signs that the favorable sub seasonal pattern (high latitude blocking) might become prevalent. pacific is in question but +AAM events love to eventually (it’s a timely process not a overnight one) extend the pacific jet down the stretch (it is after all a more nino type of atmospheric forcing). Possibly might see some sort of switch as the upper SE (NC/VA/TN esp) starts to enter the very first window of climo for wintry wx. But for now, we warm folks

It can be like that all it wants in October and November!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to get out of the way now, I will happily accept the golf weather for a couple more months

That Aleutian ridge is dreadful, well for cold lovers anyways (;View attachment 123263View attachment 123264
Fro, I have a question. Why are we switching to the +AAM state moving forward for a while? What is the catalyst causing that? Not sure if that's good for cold weather chances moving forward. El Nino atmosphere in la niña. You are the man with knowledge ?

Last edited:
Back