• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October '22

29 for me this am, the Pickens County airport got down to 26; not too shabby for mid Oct. I think for the upstate at least, (and maybe for many on the board) this may be the strongest October front since 2006. That one actually came through a few days earlier in the month with similar temps.

0z Euro and GFS look Dry Bones out through the end of their runs. This will be the trick this winter, getting moisture. I think we don't have problems getting the cold punches. Atlantic Blocking is a question with supplying staying power. But we should rollercoaster frequently up/down/up/down, especially 1st half of winter. The Northern Mtns/east TN will benefit from a lot of NW Flow Snow Nickle an dime events. The Synoptic events for all of us will be in a shorter supply.

CHA at 32 this morning for the earliest freeze since 1988 (still another hour of cooling to go so may end up at 30 or 31).
Yesterday was close at 33, which was the earliest 33 since 2000. Tuesday's 35 was the earliest 35 since 2006.

I am going to bring this up again, about the descrepency of difference of the "Official" temp for ATL at the d a m n airport. It was 38 at Hartsfield, one mile away a friend reported 31 on his thermometer. The "official" reading is taken in the middle of the concrete hell of runways at the airport, and it is extremely unrepresentative of the acutual temps of where people live. This has been a brutal controversy for decades.

Back