• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October '22

Getting worse fast and the next 2 weeks look dry. Parts of Al and GA will see improvement after yesterday's rain, but if the GFS is right the drought will start spreading fast again before too long.

Getting worse fast and the next 2 weeks look dry. Parts of Al and GA will see improvement after yesterday's rain, but if the GFS is right the drought will start spreading fast again before too long.
Welcome to my nightmare! My whole state is Jonesville!?
Only a blizzardcane will save me77EA0D28-C61B-43BD-951E-C2BC236BD1F7.png

That is really a good looking pattern! If that holds into December and first week of January, like a typical La Nina, we are all gonna be loving life!
You would love a repeat of the winter of 1998-99 I think. At least Dec into January. Much of the midwest had a major snowstorm in early Jan 1999. That same system gave the CAD area down here a major icestorm.

How many drops did you get in the last 24 hours?

Hopefully this drought ends or at least improves before next summer. Iowa and all of the plains are very important for food production and major drought is the last thing the area needs.
Yep. Barges are already having a hard time getting up the river because water levels are so low! Sadly Sep and Oct, are some of iowas wettest months

Weather.com really trying to get me sub-freezing Thursday morning next week ?. We'll see. Very impressive surface high that centers on the region so radiational cooling can definitely make it happen.
First we have to deal with some major heat this weekend. Could be close to 90 in parts of the south.

First we have to deal with some major heat this weekend. Could be close to 90 in parts of the south.
For who?? I’ve just pulled up forecasts throughout the south and no where is forecasted to be higher than the mid 80s and that’s just one day

Edit: I see that east Texas might make a run at 90 on Sunday, but that is certainly nothing out of the ordinary there, especially ahead of a strong front

Last edited:
For who?? I’ve just pulled up forecasts throughout the south and no where is forecasted to be higher than the mid 80s and that’s just one day

Edit: I see that east Texas might make a run at 90 on Sunday, but that is certainly nothing out of the ordinary there, especially ahead of a strong front
89 in Tallahassee on Sunday and 88 in Albany. I could definitely see a few locations in GA hitting 90 briefly.

Back