• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October '22

60's and 70's is really nice this time of year. Now once we get to Thanksgiving time I want it cold. But I prefer those temps with lows in the 40's at least through mid November which is likely when you'll see a switch back to east coast troughs.

Well dang HRRR, I'll keep y'all posted....

uh03_max.us_ma.png

The wind with this front is serious. Sustained at 17 mph and just had 28 mph gust. You can already feel the cooler air coming over the mountains right up the road.

These cells to the west are what we need to watch .. this is honestly a surprise to me I hadn’t really been paying attention. Looks like the hrrr wants to keep a couple of these cells grounded in the environment as they track east. But not widespread stuff.1666041345760.png

The 6z GFS brings the middle 80's back for many of us and not just for a day or 2 either. Close to 90 south of I-10 on a couple of days. Also 65-70 for LOWS for many of us at times.
Yeah it looks like it's going to get really warm for many areas starting next weekend and it could last at least a week. Summer ain't over yet folks.

Phase 6 MJO only means one thing. Retrogression of the western US ridge back into the pacific into a GOA —> NPAC ridge. Negative PNA/SER-eastern ridge time boys by later October. Indian summer, torch. I’m back biatchesView attachment 123075View attachment 123076View attachment 123077View attachment 123078
Glad to have you back! Now, I thought mjo 4-6 are cooler phases in fall but blowtorch in winter? Also, it looks like triple dip niña like you already know, but do you see any differences with this winter compared to the last two as of now?

Back