• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

The CFS is gonna be 2 for 2: Called the Oct 20 timeframe well in advance, And appears to have this 2cnd half November Cold pegged as advertised.

Seeing the same drumbeat for December. It has alot of blocking so really getting some nice looking frames. Big thing is it's showing them continously EAST Coast Troughing. We will see how she continues to roll over the next couple of weeks. This is way out there ( first half of December) but since its been suprisingly correct so far, I'll keep giving it the benefit of the doubt, until it wets the bed. Heres some eye candy . Looking for signals.

1636980068299.png

The CFS is gonna be 2 for 2: Called the Oct 20 timeframe well in advance, And appears to have this 2cnd half November Cold pegged as advertised.

Seeing the same drumbeat for December. It has alot of blocking so really getting some nice looking frames. Big thing is it's showing them continously EAST Coast Troughing. We will see how she continues to roll over the next couple of weeks. This is way out there ( first half of December) but since its been suprisingly correct so far, I'll keep giving it the benefit of the doubt, until it wets the bed. Heres some eye candy . Looking for signals.

View attachment 95008
Rate driven here

Biggest temp spreads Since last February View attachment 95006
Probably going to need to develop a full on -nao block or do something in the pac to draw the trough out of AK (either west to pump the pna,nor east to bring in the core of the cold) or our region gets into slightly BN pattern with the core of the cold centered to our north

Last edited:
My nerdiness hit a weekly high this morning. Had an amazing temp inversion set up with coldest air settling in the very bottom of the ditch causing frost only at the bottom.View attachment 95009
Pretty similar here my yard frost... neighbors up the hill didn't have any. As you went down the hill closer to the pond the roofs got more and more frosty

Pretty similar here my yard frost... neighbors up the hill didn't have any. As you went down the hill closer to the pond the roofs got more and more frosty

It's like a reverse snow line in the mountains. I showed the pic to my wife and she just eye rolled me and said "the neighbors are watching you being a nerd"

Watch the strat evolution over the next 2 don't want to start stacking into AK unless you want warmth
I don’t want any sort of trough/TPV around AK in anyway to linger if it stays then we would have to totally rely on the Atlantic or retrogression, because when it gets stuck there, it’s hard to move

You really need a connection between the ridge axis just off the coast and the block north of AK, for best results. Too much spacing between will get you a cool Canda and a glancing blow modified cool airmass across the US...or at worst, a warmer regime.

You often see the top of a big, tall ridge roll over and break off way up there and allow Pacific air into the US. Not ideal.

Back