• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

Here we go with a chilly November and the rest of the winter garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though it obviously could turn out mild and most forecasts have it at least slightly warmer than 1991-2020 normals (mild wouldn't surprise me at all in a moderate La Nina with a very warm Maritime continent), there's no correlation of a chilly Nov and mild winter. If contrast if anything, there's a small positive correlation.

Like I mentioned a week ago, we would want to see a cold pattern in longer wavelengths in winter instead of shorter wavelengths currently. Better opportunities in longer wavelengths for snow and ice events outside the favored higher elevations

Now this is more torch looking even though this is still a nice 70 degrees but for this time of year it could be considered torch .. this is also pre big time cold front so it’s to be expected with the warm sector 4ED93151-1960-4415-9F2E-31F13FB5DDA4.jpeg

Now this is more torch looking even though this is still a nice 70 degrees but for this time of year it could be considered torch .. this is also pre big time cold front so it’s to be expected with the warm sector View attachment 94269
I don’t see anything crazy. A normal November will see some upper 70s.

This is a very very legit signal for very cold weather, already getting this on a hour 340+ mean with a -EPO/+PNA, but the H5 pattern is the first legit one the could support cross polar flow with high pressure around/north of Alaska which would funnel the Arctic towards us, note the TPV around the North Pole, that ridging north of AK would take some cold air from it towards us, this is quite far out tho but I just noticed how Impressive it is F2033DE0-9752-46E3-B5CC-56C0ACC82300.pngE2292B8D-EDC8-4A9B-94B1-670552D3C2EE.png7C66FD38-0478-4AE2-A19E-625DA8F74AA3.jpeg

This is a very very legit signal for very cold weather, already getting this on a hour 340+ mean with a -EPO/+PNA, but the H5 pattern is the first legit one the could support cross polar flow with high pressure around/north of Alaska which would funnel the Arctic towards us, note the TPV around the North Pole, that ridging north of AK would take some cold air from it towards us, this is quite far out tho but I just noticed how Impressive it is View attachment 94270View attachment 94271View attachment 94272
Wow! I'm suprised you posted a cold map fro?

Back