• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Nuances

Another sunny day here in the Tulsa area. I have seen more sun the last 2 days than the previous month combined in Indiana !

Could this be a winter to remember? I started getting flurries last night and again this morning as the temp is 32.9 degrees at 1:25pm. I have now had 1 dusting and 3 days total of seeing snow fall before December. I usually see snowfall in November once every 3 or so years but have never seen it snow more the one time a year in November before this year. I’ve also already had 5 days of temps not getting out of the 30s and will probably end up with 6 total for November if tomorrow doesn’t hit the 40s. I can’t help but get excited after this start to the season. Hopefully the weather won’t end up like the Tennessee Titans by starting good only to flop later in the season.

Lots of reports on Twitter about the snow in the NC mountains tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of reports on Twitter about the snow in the NC mountains tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An over performer! Good start to the winter! Our mtn local weather peeps, were saying isolated flurries! Radar was lit up earlier!

This was the 4th event so far this winter in the northern NC Mtns. Still snowing this morning. I visit Boone a lot and have had my appetizer already witnessing some of them. They are off to a great start, still November.

21.2 degrees this AM!
Our water tank is froze up downtown. Working on it with the blowtorch. Saw some blue ground clutter on RadarScope late last night and thought maybe some flurries made it over the mountain. Went outside to clear skies and a nut numbing temperature

30 years ago today Raleigh had a F4 tornado hit around 1:00 a.m. without warning. It destoryed a K Mart and other homes and businesses. 4 people were killed.

NC used to have severe weather outbreaks pretty frequently the second half of November for some reason, but it has not happened in a few years now.

Back