• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Knock-Out

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_41.png
Maybe parts of NC

Exactly. It happens every year. We really should get worried if it looks bad in February, not November. I'm just glad it feels seasonal and not 80 degrees out.
Your right, alot of times we "me" especially will get caught up in the moment, that i forget how early we are in fall and only still in November. We normally dont seeing our winterstrom threats until sometime in December into Jan/Feb. Like you said earlier, anything now is a bonus

I bet if a northerner browsed through this forum they would die laughing. I mean, this is the south and theres a good chance there will be no snow at all this winter. Those of us in GA and AL have no business ever getting our hopes up regarding snow.

It'd be our luck that this would be the time a 384 hour map verified....LMAO.

But really I'm not even looking for storms at this moment. I'm just looking for the real warmth to stay away and I'd be OK if we teetered around average...as they always say a piece of apple (cake) a day, keeps the heat way. :D

On the 18z GFS, I like how that trough is coming down into the four corners. The trough just needs to dig deeper. On today's 12z Euro, it had the trough coming into the four corners also, but not digging deep.

On the 18z GFS, I like how that trough is coming down into the four corners. The trough just needs to dig deeper. On today's 12z Euro, it had the trough coming into the four corners also, but not digging deep.
If your talking about next weekend system, yeah that could have little potential if the trough would dig some more. But hey its only November, plenty time to go

I bet if a northerner browsed through this forum they would die laughing. I mean, this is the south and theres a good chance there will be no snow at all this winter. Those of us in GA and AL have no business ever getting our hopes up regarding snow.
Lol, and theres a good chance we could get a snowstorm as well. This is the south, one day warm next BOOM. Thats how we work fown here, one extreme to the next:)

I miss the 1980s, when we used to get a good snow, sometimes two, almost every winter. Back then snow in this region wasn't such a reach. Thanks Global Warming!

I miss the 1980s, when we used to get a good snow, sometimes two, almost every winter. Back then snow in this region wasn't such a reach. Thanks Global Warming!
Leaving GW out of the equation, have you gone back and seen whether there were other periods with little snow (like for example a good portion of the 1960's in RAH)? Just wondering ...

Last edited:
If your talking about next weekend system, yeah that could have little potential if the trough would dig some more. But hey its only November, plenty time to go
Yes, I'm talking about that system that's been showing on the models after Thanksgiving for the most part. As of now, the pattern is in between of good,meh, and not so good for winter weather across the east.

Lmao. Live a little sheesh. Hope is ALL we have. :)

they also die laughing when we shut down over an inch of snow :p

Just be thankful you're not 200 miles further south. The I-20 corridor is no longer in play most winters due to warmer winters. Almost 4 years with little to no snow in Atlanta. Up until about 2002, I had at least a dusting of snow every winter. Now, a dusting would take almost a miracle. The snow line, or the line where it usually snows every year keeps creeping northward every year. I imagine in 20 years it will be very difficult to get snow along the I-40 corridor.

Looking at today's 12z ensembles (GEFS, EPS, GEPS) they all are in good agreement with developing heights/blocking over and West of Greenland, heights out West and Troughing in the East in the 6 to 10 day period. Beyond that into the 11 to 16 day range GEFS/GEPS both contiunue to show hints of heights over greenland with ridging out West and trough somewhere in East as we go into December. That's about as much as we can ask for right now as we are only just approaching Thanksgiving. Hopefully the blocking signals showing up so far will be a repeating occurance later into Dec/Jan. Latest AO forecast to drop around -4 over next few days before going back towards neutral.
7c7322dde40b431af9b36c59949a7fb8.jpg
db22e1be5597d023136f85727fdb08ac.jpg
bdfd4bd882d49eabc1b9006643570305.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back