• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Knock-Out

Man the 12z Euro says I can keep the golf clubs out!!!
Yup, I just seen that, low is just revolving in the Gulf. That SW trough needs to dig deeper. No cold air to work with on 12z Euro, however if that SW trough digs deeper it *may get interesting.

Crazy how ppl go bazaar over run to run modeling, LOL!!

Especially since the chance of snow is so low this time of the year no matter what pattern we are in. I guess I’ve learned over the years to not even think about a decent snow until late December and most likely early January. The Last few years have just really put everyone on edge due to the fear of another hot and snowless winter. Hopefully this winter will bring snow in December! We are due for it as the last time was 2010

Especially since the chance of snow is so low this time of the year no matter what pattern we are in. I guess I’ve learned over the years to not even think about a decent snow until late December and most likely early January. The Last few years have just really put everyone on edge due to the fear of another hot and snowless winter. Hopefully this winter will bring snow in December! We are due for it as the last time was 2010
My biggest fear is not a warm and snowless winter, but a cold winter where everyone else feasts on ice and snow storms while our area sits under the frustrating "snow dome" or "snow hole" ala 2013-14

Imagine that! Seasonal at best! Nice way to kick off the cold chasing! :(
I'm sure it shows frigid air coming down at 384, and massive blocking signal! We are awesome in the way we get blocking and stay seasonal or above! Good times

The probability of warmth keeps creeping eastward ...

814temp.new.gif

Bad way to end the day after such a positive start this morning.
But then, tomorrow could ... :confused:

Late to the party because I had other obligations but the 12z GFS looked pretty good even before 'funnyland'. (Used meteostar to see this old run)

This is too much for a simple mind to comprehend at 4:30 PM after a 13 hour day; I need an expert witness ...

This is too much for a simple mind to comprehend at 4:30 PM after a 13 hour day; I need an expert witness ...

Yeah, no comprende? Seems to me that the polar vortex flipping to Siberia from North America, would be a very bad thing for cold across the US!?

Yeah, no comprende? Seems to me that the polar vortex flipping to Siberia from North America, would be a very bad thing for cold across the US!?
????? I just PM'd Webb and asked if he'd be so kind as to explain on the Board in terms that a simple mind like me might grasp. Hopefully he'll accommodate.

Its all that blue at 50 mb after the flip that has me perplexed

Last edited:
Here today, gone tomorrow. Thats our theme of the year, Sad.

Looks like we may be zeroing in on what we're going to see Thanksgiving and while not super cold, it's similar to what this week has been around the SE.

Meh, not too bad of a look. Too much northern stream.

Edit: & it needs to be colder.
ca7a9b5c0aa9dd4642999f6839d5829a.jpg
6c6edfb671cddd62aff3a4befcba4c94.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Meh, not too bad of a look. Too much northern stream.

Edit: & it needs to be colder.
ca7a9b5c0aa9dd4642999f6839d5829a.jpg
6c6edfb671cddd62aff3a4befcba4c94.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
If the cold could push little deeper and faster, that would get interesting

Back