• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe November 5th-6th Severe Weather Threat

It just came a damn monsoon at my house. I’ve never seen the bottom fall out like that. And the wind ahead of that line! Let’s do it again

I think the threat is marginal for our area and the "slight" has moved to the NE. Did you read their discussion and Raleigh's? It doesn't look all that favorable for widespread severe hear. That's probably why there isn't a lot of talk about it.
Looks like SPC has now shifted the slight area back SW a little to include portions of NE NC, including mby.... Rah NWS needs to update their graphics
day1otlk_1300.gif

I don't think it really matters. Slight and marginal are really the same thing in my mind.

Just as enhanced and moderate are really not that different. They should just have a scale of 1 to 3.

I never really understood why the hype for AL on this started so early. These systems generally wind up with the main energy way too far north. It is more of NW Ms, W Tn, Ky threat generally.

75 and the sun is peeking out a little bit here. RAH has the line of storms coming through between 6 and 7 this evening.

A line is already coming through now. Seems a lot earlier than predicted. Probably will cause the instability to weaken.

Unfortunately one woman lost her life last night in Christiana Tennessee when an EF2 tornado touched down and ripped the house off the foundation. Looks like the worst of it was south of Nashville last Night. As I stated I was under a tornado warning but luckily it never touched down.

Back