• We've made some major changes to the website. You can view a short list : Here
  • Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Severe November 5th-6th Severe Weather Threat (1 Viewer)

NWS dropped the ball on that tornado warning. Clear couplet on radar but wasn’t warned until it was on the ground. Not sure how much it matters when most people are asleep anyway. Hopefully people are ok

Rick

Not bad here at all just gusty wind and that was ahead of the storms... going to bed glad it wasn't too bad

Rain Cold

Target Snow Shields and Fire!
I know what the SPC has. They show the slight and marginal threat, which is silly and really the same thing. I was just wondering about other's opinions. Doesn't seem to be a lot of talk about it.
I think the threat is marginal for our area and the "slight" has moved to the NE. Did you read their discussion and Raleigh's? It doesn't look all that favorable for widespread severe hear. That's probably why there isn't a lot of talk about it.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
I think the threat is marginal for our area and the "slight" has moved to the NE. Did you read their discussion and Raleigh's? It doesn't look all that favorable for widespread severe hear. That's probably why there isn't a lot of talk about it.
Looks like SPC has now shifted the slight area back SW a little to include portions of NE NC, including mby.... Rah NWS needs to update their graphics

I never really understood why the hype for AL on this started so early. These systems generally wind up with the main energy way too far north. It is more of NW Ms, W Tn, Ky threat generally.

Unfortunately one woman lost her life last night in Christiana Tennessee when an EF2 tornado touched down and ripped the house off the foundation. Looks like the worst of it was south of Nashville last Night. As I stated I was under a tornado warning but luckily it never touched down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)