• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a bad signal this far out, but if the mjo can make it to phase 7 and 8 or at least cod, the cold shot should be legit imo.
I think the MJO progression and what role in plays in the overall pattern will be very interesting to watch this year. It has obviously been the main driver these last two years of Niñas, but as I’ve said before, this Niña appears to be acting more like a neutral ENSO.

The latest CFS run does just what SD says needs to happen with Atlantic blocking. It evolves through December and really has its legs under it mid Dec through Christmas. Sends 540 line down into GOM lol.
Its the theme its singing that is about all you can look for off the CFS. Then just see if it keeps it up or starts changing its tune as it runs each day. So far its been playing the same song we like to hear the past few days.

The latest CFS run does just what SD says needs to happen with Atlantic blocking. It evolves through December and really has its legs under it mid Dec through Christmas. Sends 540 line down into GOM lol.
Its the theme its singing that is about all you can look for off the CFS. Then just see if it keeps it up or starts changing its tune as it runs each day. So far its been playing the same song we like to hear the past few days.
If the SPV remains weaker this year, blocking should be easier to come by and be more frequent. Will it set up in the right place? Hopefully it will a few times.

Yes. Much better look for cooler weather on the ensembles.
ea9ac47b2a541518e1b5be18d870c2ed.jpg

f3440a09dfab817b528669014a35205d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1669235738554.png
Day 10 Euro, with all the usual caveats. I do like how it is moving towards the ensembles. If we can get the Greenland block to strengthen and the -EPO to keep evolving, we may be able to drive that big cold air mass further south just after this time frame

This is so meh.

Attachments

• 52D02C61-9B5D-4418-A483-B8C0AABB0B70.jpeg
    52D02C61-9B5D-4418-A483-B8C0AABB0B70.jpeg
    466.6 KB · Views: 44
As expected models are a bit too quick with the pattern change. Looking more likely that we’re still warm with the SER dominating early December. Still like the 10-20 time period for the change.
The classic “delayed but not denied”

The classic “delayed but not denied”
Again this has always been my thinking. To think the pattern change isn’t coming would be most likely wrong as there is heavy support for a dominant -NAO come mid December. This also will align with mjo propagation so it’s not so much delayed but not denied but more of this is how things were always suppose to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back