• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the earliest measurable snow is on record for DFW. Obviously we know they had one on Thanksgiving 1993 for the Cowboys game.

I know mid November(November 16-17) 2014 had some because that happened my first winter there (I had just moved at the end of September)... And then it didn't snow again til the end of February ?

Halloween apparently had some before too but I don't think that measured

I wonder in the 3rd year La Nina that is rare if we aren't seeing the pattern setting up for winter going forward. Instead of your typical warmth in the fall to cold front loaded winter generally for about 4-6 time span and then switch to warmth and SER in the back half we are gong to short highly active stretches of warm and cold. we have been moving in 2-3 week timeframes of below average with a period of very cold (see September through early October) to now a 2-3 week stretch of warmer and Ridge dominated pattern. Going forward it looks like we are going to switch to a colder and down right winter like pattern for about another 2-3 weeks with another which to warmth for 2 weeks or so in late November-early December. I personally wouldn't mind that pattern. You get some nice upper 60 - low 70 degree days and plenty of CAD while also getting really below average and active stretches of cold and it's not just a single 6 week stretch of trying to get winter weather and cold.

I wonder in the 3rd year La Nina that is rare if we aren't seeing the pattern setting up for winter going forward. Instead of your typical warmth in the fall to cold front loaded winter generally for about 4-6 time span and then switch to warmth and SER in the back half we are gong to short highly active stretches of warm and cold. we have been moving in 2-3 week timeframes of below average with a period of very cold (see September through early October) to now a 2-3 week stretch of warmer and Ridge dominated pattern. Going forward it looks like we are going to switch to a colder and down right winter like pattern for about another 2-3 weeks with another which to warmth for 2 weeks or so in late November-early December. I personally wouldn't mind that pattern. You get some nice upper 60 - low 70 degree days and plenty of CAD while also getting really below average and active stretches of cold and it's not just a single 6 week stretch of trying to get winter weather and cold.
That seems to be the general pattern that Robert at Wxsouth is expecting

1668729600-hyp3KuuUfjg.png

Very interesting on the EURO last night at the end of its run. Already dropping snow across much of the south. This would be coming in the evening with heavy returns to the west and temps in the mid 30's. This timeframe has been honking at potential onset snow, especially in the mountains.

1668729600-hyp3KuuUfjg.png

Very interesting on the EURO last night at the end of its run. Already dropping snow across much of the south. This would be coming in the evening with heavy returns to the west and temps in the mid 30's. This timeframe has been honking at potential onset snow, especially in the mountains.
Hmmmmmm, that system doesn't have its I 85 bearings down right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back