• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

Mooresville gets something good pretty much every year. Try living south of 85.
Yeah you pretty much right. Northern Mooresville normally gets a couple inches more than me. I live more near davidson

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Need the opposite with those waves, need a much stronger Canada vortex and a weaker wave, just don’t know it’s that possible given the bigger heights 0A3B71D5-C09E-4816-A17F-049F23271511.png

That is just ugly. You can't even see the 0° 850 line in central Canada. I take back what I said earlier about the 2nd week of Dec. There appears to be absolutely no cold source coming down. Smdh
I’m in the blind. I have no idea what surface temps look like towards the end of the run.

I’m confused. I’m seeing posts saying the models look bad and it won’t be cold enough. Wasn’t the forecast supposed to be really cold beginning of December just days ago?

I’m in the blind. I have no idea what surface temps look like towards the end of the run.
Its a furnace in Canada. Mid 20s at 7am. That massive PNA ridge may look pretty but it ain't gonna get it done. It needs to move west some, get taller and we need EPO help to get snow. Sure we're below average. But maybe I'm the minority but I say screw cold with no shot of snow.

I’m confused. I’m seeing posts saying the models look bad and it won’t be cold enough. Wasn’t the forecast supposed to be really cold beginning of December just days ago?

Some, like me, are talking mainly about a general cold pattern. Others are more wintry precip focused, especially for their area. Some are talking about both. The discussions can be deceiving or confusing because they aren't all focused on the exact same thing,.

It is relative to average in the se. But its an all out torch in our cold air source. Not gonna cut it for snow.

Its a furnace in Canada. Mid 20s at 7am. That massive PNA ridge may look pretty but it ain't gonna get it done. It needs to move west some, get taller and we need EPO help to get snow. Sure we're below average. But maybe I'm the minority but I say screw cold with no shot of snow.
I am ok with cold without snow in December. It kind of sets the mood for Christmas. But come January I want it to be snowing if it's cold.

Back