• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 12-13 Cold & Light Mix

Nam cooking tonight
namconus_asnow_seus_15.png
Damn. This is getting interesting.

Gefs has been showing this consistently for couple days now.

Well they've had a few hints and members showing better results... lets see how much this turns over next 24 hours could be a little surprise rare overrunning event that gives the rare win for winter weather and not other way around

I dont believe the icon shows any other frozen stuff except snow.

Short range models starting to look like my area of Florida Parishes (south LA between MS River and the MS state border) might actually get some sleet at the back edge of precip. One thing to watch is whether the precip shield might overperform. I remember at least two events in January 2014 when the precip was supposed to have cut off behind the arctic front but didn't, and we got surprised by IP/ZR. Will be very interesting to watch how this plays out for Tue morning.

All of us in Mississippi would agree!
I think the reason is that this model speeds up the timing of the arctic front by a couple hours ahead of the NAM, allowing the precip to change over to snow and sleet sooner. The temps also look a little colder on that model, taking BTR down into the upper 20s in the mid morning, for instance.

I guess some of us down here are just so desperate to cash in early in the season with SOMETHING frozen that we grab onto any comers in the forecast. I'm just speaking for myself though.
Yea, I don’t want a ice storm but just want to see ice on the trees or something, but yea desperate. ?

Back