• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 12-13 Cold & Light Mix

Varies across Wilkes, pockets of heavy snow, pockets of sleet, pockets of dry downsloping end of event, pockets of rain, brought to you by hot pockets.

And here's the front
dc863eebeebf1bc1acfbf825fa15a241.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

And here's the front
dc863eebeebf1bc1acfbf825fa15a241.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Looking at CC it sure looks like the freezing level is slowly but surely lowering, long ways to go though and should be a race to whether it can actually catch the back edge. My bet is it won't

Webber can you talk about the potential freezing rain or sleet set up possibly for Thursday do u see any good indications from that? Maybe precip is being predicted as underdone and will increase in successive runs?

Webber can you talk about the potential freezing rain or sleet set up possibly for Thursday do u see any good indications from that? Maybe precip is being predicted as underdone and will increase in successive runs?

I wouldn't expect anything more than maybe a few sleet pellets mixing in w/ the rain near the onset or perhaps freezing drizzle if we end up seriously busting cold on temps, but it would be a very low impact event at best. Really needed this storm to come about a day sooner to produce more significant wintry weather

Wow it’s hard to find a 40 degree reading in the entire state of Texas. Then looking at eastern NC in the 70s.

Given areas being in the teens I feel good about a sleety onset Thursday for maybe even areas like Charlotte. That type of surface dry cold will not have time to moderate enough IMO before Thursday...upper stairs of the atmosphere is a different story and will torch.

Not my best map... but here's a beautiful temperature map of Carolinas from a recent RTMA analysis. Can you find the cold front?

(now I just need to learn how to pick out values from the RTMA raster... or make a better color table with better labels...)

coldfront.png

Not my best map... but here's a beautiful temperature map of Carolinas from a recent RTMA analysis. Can you find the cold front?

(now I just need to learn how to pick out values from the RTMA raster... or make a better color table with better labels...)

View attachment 25873
Hell of a SC temp gradient. Low 30’s on top of Sasafras, 80 on the coast. Edit: margin is quickly widening also
CD68C723-1881-4AD9-85F0-81967AC8C98C.jpeg

Anyone know what the TT site routinely stalls out and doesn't add images for new model runs, when they're already available on other sites? For example, the 12 GFS has been stalled at hr 36 for a long time, and it's missing some panels for periods even before hr 36. It does this all the time.

Bright banding showing up just N/NW of the triangle might be some sleet, I see a mping report around South Boston of ip which is just north of Roxboro

Back