• Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Wintry Nov 12-13 Cold & Light Mix

WxBlue

Meteorologist
And I'm back with another map created through ArcGIS. I decided to put in the latest snow cover analysis (as of 00z) from NOAA's NOSRHC. Do note that it's a bit exaggerated for northern counties of North Carolina, but the grey is still below an inch of snow.

NOAA Analysis_2.png

WxBlue

Meteorologist
A weak, but non-negligible lake effect snow band is coming off of Lake Kerr and has produced some light snow across parts of Johnston, Wayne, Wilson, & Nash Counties this evening.
Can confirm it's snowing a bit here in northeastern Johnston County near the 5-county point.

I'm legitimately curious just how far south it's snowing underneath that lake effect band, because the lowest tilt shows legitimate returns all the way into southern Sampson County. Of course the lake effect band weakens w/ distance from Kerr Lake, but the radar beam is so high by the time its in Sampson Co, it's likely overshooting the low-topped LES band. Pretty insane to think we're even discussing lake effect snow in central NC lol