• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Dang over performing system rolling through here today, 20% chance of showers and most models had little or nothing.... over .5 so far and still pouring.

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
It’s coming. 66mph gust in Watauga recently. Massive power outages in the Great Lakes. I don’t think some will be cooking turkeys in the morning.

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad it's nice today tomorrow looks like another awful saturday temps in the 40s with rain and a ne wind

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SouthATLwx

Reaction score
Yep, NWS has busted bad on highs this week. Been running 10 to 12 degrees above normal. Probably going to negate the cold snap for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if November is near normal to slightly above.
Probably too much model hugging, underestimating mixing heights and overestimating the extent of low-level CAD.

It's already 71*F today (which was the forecast high).

Brent

Reaction score
amazing how much colder the first half was vs the last 2 weeks

and now we're headed into what looks like a dull start to December

SETNwx

Reaction score
-1.7 BN here in CHA. Only 6 freezing nights in the month, which is crazy considering how the month began. Blah month, except for one cold day with flurries. Might beat Dec though, as it's looking now.. Hopefully around Christmas time we're chasing some white gold though.

Had to edit, damn didn't think it would go down that much.

Last edited:

weatherfide

Reaction score
It looks like I ended up about 1.73 degrees F below normal for the month of November. That mid-month cold blast was the largest contributor to this result.