• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

This is a formidable arctic airmass even by January standards, much less mid-November.

Thanks for these charts above! Sad to see the cutback in snow amounts, but expected as we get closer.

Living in New Hampshire really messed with my perspective of what's "cold" here in North Carolina because I kept feeling "meh" seeing these cold temps... then NWS GSP pointed out that we're having January-level of cold. I forgot how impressive teens/20s can be here in Carolinas.

Thanks for these charts above! Sad to see the cutback in snow amounts, but expected as we get closer.

Living in New Hampshire really messed with my perspective of what's "cold" here in North Carolina because I kept feeling "meh" seeing these cold temps... then NWS GSP pointed out that we're having January-level of cold. I forgot how impressive teens/20s can be here in Carolinas.
so i take it you will think we are all crazy when we argue over a half inch of snow fluctuations on models runs this winter.

My forecast is calling for freezing rain Wednesday night low at 30 after being around 25 Tuesday night.

You got an ensemble chart for KRDU or KGSO? I still need to figure out if I want to pull the trigger on paying for weathermodels (dot) com in aftermath of Pivotal Weather going live with free Euro data.

I like weatherbell maps service myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the second storm just went to crap on 18z gfs. Or just slower

The euro is a little interesting with the phase and the pocket of cold 850s on the west and southwest side of the system. A few areas might be lucky enough to change to a period of wet snow if it occurred. Can't say that im not rooting for a cmc like solution where the northern wave is stronger and there is no phase but you get a late bloomer along the coast

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well toss that run of the GFS! That gulf low, 1 of looks like maybe 2, develops in the central gulf and moves due South! GFS doing GFS things! If it’s close to being right, there’s still a potential storm and it’s just super supressed

Back