• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe New Year's Week Severe Threat(s)

ww0013_overview_big_wou.gif

Yea it’s gotta be 4-5 inches of rain here as well
Athens airport is reporting about 4.65 inches so far for both days. One of the weather underground stations in Athens has near 6. Been a while since there has been a flash flood warning. Looks like widespread 3 to 5 inched area wide and Definitely over produced vs model projections.

I got a text from a friend saying they were sheltering in the basement at the state house In Columbia. I haven’t heard of any reports of damage.

had a friend send me a message and tell me they were sheltering in place in one of the state buildings in downtown cola.
Thankfully that couplet decreased in intensity as it moved along the south side of CAE once the couplet to its SE became the dominant circulation and moved across Calhoun County.

Level 2 risk now for a lot of NC. Got a special weather statement for a storm coming my way and lightning alerts from my westher app.

Back