• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe New Year's Week Severe Threat(s)

Most of these warnings have been "radar indicated". Any ground reports of touch downs or funnel clouds?
Couple of brief TDS signatures showing up every once and a while on the two warned cells. One currently NE of Deatsville, AL.
Flkn_dUaEAAkd0c

Just got one clap of loud thunder here in Atlanta. Looks like some of the storms are turning severe as they approach and cross the alabama georgia line

While a messy storm mode; weaker low level helicity and unidirectional flow aloft saved the Montgomery area from a pretty good smack with the first wave.

Yeah it went really close to my parents but the radar was such a mess I couldn't pick out anything

What is the time frame on the second wave for central Alabama. I'm driving to work and can't look right now

Next wave is building up in southern MS. Probably arriving in central AL a little after midnight central time.
Yeah, just saw this from James Spann:
@spann: The main window for “round two” of strong to severe thunderstorms will come from about 10:00 tonight through 5:00 a.m. tomorrow. Be sure you have a reliable way of hearing warnings late tonight if they are needed!

Is this second wave going to hold together around Atlanta?

Yeah, just saw this from James Spann:
@spann: The main window for “round two” of strong to severe thunderstorms will come from about 10:00 tonight through 5:00 a.m. tomorrow. Be sure you have a reliable way of hearing warnings late tonight if they are needed!

Is this second wave going to hold together around Atlanta?

Probably but will be a mess when it arrives. Some severe TS but the main concern should be road flooding for the morning drive.

Back