• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

Need a -EPO this year. Beleive 2013 was a la Nina and the EPO went/stayed negative and turned it in to a decent winter,. Seems like we had several icy events Feb into march that year if My memory is correct. The most important signal for us imo is the EPO this year considering the backdrop pattern we have.

Need a -EPO this year. Beleive 2013 was a la Nina and the EPO went/stayed negative and turned it in to a decent winter,. Seems like we had several icy events Feb into march that year if My memory is correct. The most important signal for us imo is the EPO this year considering the backdrop pattern we have.
Agree. Negative epo can trump a strong. Niña

Haven't been on the Board since Friday, and I just got caught up. From that run on Friday i said to myself "I can't wait to see how this implodes..."

Wasn't disappointed. ? ?

Sad. WPC had a Moderate Risk out for Wilkes north. These type of outlooks rarely get posted on social media unless it’s for severe weather. And it doesn’t help when local news stations issue their own risk/color/level. It’s confusing.

This is really not a trend you wanna see on the Euro if you were like me and hoping the pattern would break in our favor to deliver some cold air in late November. Weaker, poleward, more transient cyclonic wave break in the N Pacific storm track >>> shorter-lived -EPO and less time for the TPV over the Baffin Bay to slide southward >>> we remain warm.

Sigh

ecmwf_z500a_npac_fh120_trend.gif

Back