• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

What the hell is this
13f714e2f85b1e0db59188528c0f377b.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah probably gonna be a Wilkes onset ice run, hey at least there’s a solid pattern showing up around this time
I think that's a bit too optimistic, would be a storm for maybe Mack. However, I do think there is an obvious trend in the high pressure/cold air source. Now we need to work on timing and making the west coast look better.
37100fb5-a974-4739-b578-1547a3e901e0.gif

Long, longgg ways to go but we definitely have the right longwave pattern to crank out a Miller B/CAD event around or just before Thanksgiving and that's all you can really ask for 10 days out.

Deepen the trough over Atlantic Canada and the surface high over New England will trend stronger & "lock in". More Atlantic Canada troughing implies more cold advection in New England (therefore a stronger surface high) & deeper troughs move more slowly as they experience more planetary vorticity advection (thus, the surface high doesn't leave as quickly). These setups can easily change pretty dramatically even inside day 3-5 so plenty of time to watch it. Also will need a properly timed wave to emerge out of the southern Rockies before this Atlantic Canada trough leaves stage right

1605470860756.png

Back