• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

Even with Global Warming there have been months of below normal. Why is it harder to get below normal in December than any other month ?

All the while November will go down for the past 30 year average, just strange.

Last edited:
All the while our November will go down for the past 30 year average, just strange.
Daily averages for November are about to look super weird since December and October both warmed up while November cooled . Does that mean start of the month is a little warmer , middle much cooler , slow down by the end !? Lol !

All the while our November will go down for the past 30 year average, just strange.
Global warming aside I personally think the super nino in the late 90s shook things up and we haven't recovered to the 70s/80s/early 90s state that we compared to for the last decade plus. Maybe we never will maybe it's a multidecadal cycle make it is GW but we have certainly seen things repeat in the 2000s that were rare before and unfortunately they are sucky for us in the SE. It's why though I want to see a Nina this year and hopefully a multi year Nina so maybe we can get lucky that the feed back from a few years of Nina can reverse some of the SST anomalies and at least help us get back to something better

Global warming aside I personally think the super nino in the late 90s shook things up and we haven't recovered to the 70s/80s/early 90s state that we compared to for the last decade plus. Maybe we never will maybe it's a multidecadal cycle make it is GW but we have certainly seen things repeat in the 2000s that were rare before and unfortunately they are sucky for us in the SE. It's why though I want to see a Nina this year and hopefully a multi year Nina so maybe we can get lucky that the feed back from a few years of Nina can reverse some of the SST anomalies and at least help us get back to something better
The state of the 60/70/80 was in of itself an anomaly , if you look at prior decades winters were a bit warmer than even today , overall annual temps cooler but that was because of summers not the winters . Although a base state of sst like the 60-80 certainly can happen again !

The state of the 60/70/80 was in of itself an anomaly , if you look at prior decades winters were a bit warmer than even today , overall annual temps cooler but that was because of summers not the winters . Although a base state of sst like the 60-80 certainly can happen again !
I'm too lazy to look right now but what were the late 1800s into the 1900/10/20s like?

What do you call a burger that's been sitting outside in the rain? Answer: a whataburger (water burger) :rolleyes: ?

Hi Shane. I have a question. If we are to see a month that has some cold air and snow/ice chances, would it be December just based on the usual aleutian poleward ridge that happens during that time frame? It dont happen every time, but alot of times. HM has mentioned it often.

Hi Shane. I have a question. If we are to see a month that has some cold air and snow/ice chances, would it be December just based on the usual aleutian poleward ridge that happens during that time frame? It dont happen every time, but alot of times. HM has mentioned it often.
Yes 12/1 to 1/15 imo is the better window versus the second half of winter.

You may have to plan out a snow chase also, mr golf

Last edited:
Back