• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Natural and World events ( non political stuff )

Pretty crazy that the tower in Florida collapsed like it did.
I wonder if it’s a sink hole deal. That area is prone to sink holes. Either way it’s terrible.

The video is unreal.... doesn't seem like a sink hole issue but really difficult to tell, way too early. Shoddy construction? Something else? Idk buildings just don't collapse

The video is unreal.... doesn't seem like a sink hole issue but really difficult to tell, way too early. Shoddy construction? Something else? Idk buildings just don't collapse

Easy , greedy developers cut corners to quickly put up some cheaply built housing that they charge a premium for. It’s southern us style building , build it fast , cheap and ---- everyone else . Least that’s what I’m betting , this is crap you see in third world countries not the us. Alas people are greedy pieces of crap .

Easy , greedy developers cut corners to quickly put up some cheaply built housing that they charge a premium for. It’s southern us style building , build it fast , cheap and ---- everyone else . Least that’s what I’m getting , this is crap you see in third world countries not the us. Alas people are greedy pieces of crap .
It’s a 40 year old building. Definitely looks like a ground fault issue to my eyes due to the location.

Easy , greedy developers cut corners to quickly put up some cheaply built housing that they charge a premium for. It’s southern us style building , build it fast , cheap and ---- everyone else . Least that’s what I’m getting , this is crap you see in third world countries not the us. Alas people are greedy pieces of crap .
It’s probably the hardest state to cut corners when it comes to ground up construction.

I would think, sinkhole is the reason.. I doubt it was faulty construction honestly. If it's not sinkhole then it's probably something more nefarious.
Yea it’s going take some time to figure out but at 1st glance it definitely looks like a sinkhole. Building aren’t made to collapse but if they do they are designed to collapse straight down.

Yea it’s going take some time to figure out but at 1st glance it definitely looks like a sinkhole. Building aren’t made to collapse but if they do they are designed to collapse straight down.

The footage came from a nearby construction site. Ground shaking? IDK.. But, sink hole seems plausable.

The footage came from a nearby construction site. Ground shaking? IDK.. But, sink hole seems plausable.
Yeah apparently some survivors have stated that they have felt the building shake during heavy construction next door, ground is less than solid there so sure seems plausible that compromised the integrity of the foundation. Also, they were under a 40 yr recertification process, basically 40 yrs on the coast between full inspections of the buildings structure, yikes. Remind me not to book a room in S. Florida

Yeah apparently some survivors have stated that they have felt the building shake during heavy construction next door, ground is less than solid there so sure seems plausible that compromised the integrity of the foundation. Also, they were under a 40 yr recertification process, basically 40 yrs on the coast between full inspections of the buildings structure, yikes. Remind me not to book a room in S. Florida
Yikes! that lawsuit is going to hurt.

I think it’s very plausible the construction near that condo cause a ground fault to develop under ground. Ground faults are natural causes and can’t be claimed so the lawyers will have to do some digging to see find a mistake on the condo. They better of had permits and papers at the entrance during construction. Also in south/ central Florida you have to get a ground survey done before you dig so they could always go after the state and I think that’s the best strategy.

All it takes is one column to fail and it can cause a ripple effect. I’m in construction and some of the stuff I’ve seen done to buildings after we leave is nuts. I’ve seen building owners core through post tension beams without even caring what it is.

All it takes is one column to fail and it can cause a ripple effect. I’m in construction and some of the stuff I’ve seen done to buildings after we leave is nuts. I’ve seen building owners core through post tension beams without even caring what it is.

That's pretty much what happened with the WTC I think

I've been having flashbacks to that and the OKC bombing today

Back