• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

Chattanooga has a decent chance of breaking a very rare rainfall record tomorrow. If 2" or more falls, it will make the 4th time this month with 2+ inches of rain, which has never happened before in any calendar month since records have been kept, dating back to 1879. Currently March 2021 is tied with 7 other calendar months with 3 days of 2+ inches.

1617155364747.png

1617155413721.png

Looks like we're only going to get some pavement dampeners out of those towers, not even thunder.

Chattanooga has a decent chance of breaking a very rare rainfall record tomorrow. If 2" or more falls, it will make the 4th time this month with 2+ inches of rain, which has never happened before in any calendar month since records have been kept, dating back to 1879. Currently March 2021 is tied with 7 other calendar months with 3 days of 2+ inches.

View attachment 80948

View attachment 80949
Such a strange la niña.

March is leaving me with another 3" of rain today here in McCAlla AL. My little 4 1/2 acres will never dry out. Our pond and surrounding area has been under more water than we have seen in the three years since we moved here. Muddy March was a perfect name. Hope to dry out over the next several days.

Temps today are several degrees warmer than forecasted, even with the morning clouds.

Currently 67*F at DFW. :cool:

View attachment 80948

View attachment 80949

AGW no surprise with higher specific humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..THE SAVANNAH GA CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR MARCH 31 2021
TEMPERATURE (F)
TODAY
MAXIMUM 86 120 PM

It was muggy with dewpoints near 70 much of the afternoon. So, a pretty summery day though not up to the hottest this month of 89 and 90. The high two days from now is progged to be nearly 30 colder! Though I wouldn't bet on it yet, it is not at all out of reasonable possibilities that 86 is not reached again til the 2nd half of April thanks largely to the upcoming -NAO:

nao.sprd2.gif

..THE SAVANNAH GA CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR MARCH 31 2021
TEMPERATURE (F)
TODAY
MAXIMUM 86 120 PM

It was muggy with dewpoints near 70 much of the afternoon. So, a pretty summery day though not up to the hottest this month of 89 and 90. The high two days from now is progged to be nearly 30 colder! Though I wouldn't bet on it yet, it is not at all out of reasonable possibilities that 86 is not reached again til next week

View attachment 80992
Fixed E0771885-3CF9-43CC-9FE2-B9AB8B094A5C.pngF512DD16-1A17-4A27-8E31-ED2FDA9240DE.pngA14CF5CB-36AD-43B2-9F3E-B4388FF38663.png33E66783-FC1A-4D40-B06A-AAEF38451A0F.png

The GFS' hottest on the entire run after today is only 82 though there is the obvious cold bias, especially for high temps. Here's how I see it: Excellent chance that there will be no 86+ the first 6 days of April. It is going to be a great week! April 7th may be close even though dewpoints should still be pleasant. A shot at no 86+ 2nd week of April with the help of a -NAO though that's obviously much more speculative. As I said, I wouldn't bet on it as of yet.

You got dews from the Canadian? It has to have issues with overheating and cooling dry air masses

The 12Z CMC dews are similar to sometimes even higher vs the 12Z GFS and Euro. So it isn't that. The cold is due to the ridiculous cold bias. The heat is due to it being the unreliable/inaccurate Crazy Uncle with it having much less of a -NAO at that time vs the GFS and Euro as it weakens it quickly. I see no reason to buy it.

You got dews from the Canadian? It has to have issues with overheating and cooling dry air masses
Doesn’t really look different, seems like the CMC nails warmer days tho, which is interesting because many models are to low

Doesn’t really look different, seems like the CMC nails warmer days tho, which is interesting because many models are to low

It isn't just bias. Not that other models are good, but the CMC operational is on average really bad at that day 8-10 range. I could flip a coin and probably do better most of the time lol.

Back