• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

Bastardi Saturday Summary: skip to 9:39 for the cold late March outlook (unless you want to first hear him babble about his cat, hear his daughter call in, and hear him brag about getting the winter right):

He talks about -EPO on the way in tandem with MJO that is favorable for colder than normal.

My comments: But to be fair we don’t have the -AO along with periods of +PNA that we had nearly all winter. So, it looks to be a battle of uncertainty. Regardless, I’m hopeful for the SE to at least avoid any long lasting torch in the last half of March and if fortunate to get some more BN stretches like we’re now having.

Bastardi Saturday Summary: skip to 9:39 for the cold late March outlook (unless you want to first hear him babble about his cat, hear his daughter call in, and hear him brag about getting the winter right):

He talks about -EPO on the way in tandem with MJO that is favorable for colder than normal.

My comments: But to be fair we don’t have the -AO along with periods of +PNA that we had nearly all winter. So, it looks to be a battle of uncertainty. Regardless, I’m hopeful for the SE to at least avoid any long lasting torch in the last half of March and if fortunate to get some more BN stretches like we’re now having.
Yeah, we're quickly moving towards that time of year where below normal temps means nice weather; especially when we get into April. At that point nightly frost would still provide highs in the 60s; above normal temps could provide those first warm/humid days that need AC. My real hope is to see below temps for May; the alternative could be an early season heat wave.

LOL. No workout tips or new power pudding recipes. I learned of JB off an old AM station wsjs in the early 90s. He would come on live and give accuweather forecast. We had football fields to take care of and get ready for friday nights. The tv mets where horrendous along with the noaa radio. Hed get 5 to 7 days out and was a God send. We didnt have access to the avn model or eta. Pre internet days. Man he could ramble on any and everything when weather was 90/70 with 15% pop up. Which is 6 months out of the year

LOL. No workout tips or new power pudding recipes. I learned of JB off an old AM station wsjs in the early 90s. He would come on live and give accuweather forecast. We had football fields to take care of and get ready for friday nights. The tv mets where horrendous along with the noaa radio. Hed get 5 to 7 days out and was a God send. We didnt have access to the avn model or eta. Pre internet days. Man he could ramble on any and everything when weather was 90/70 with 15% pop up. Which is 6 months out of the year
Greensboro doesn’t even average a single daily average of 90 let alone a month though lol. Or 6 months !

Oh fun look for sure.. 300+ hours out and that strong of an ULL? Could be some fun down the road for some people wanting surprise late season winter weather .. thanks for sharing
Well to be fair that’s very far out and unlikely, not only that but that’s approaching later March when climo wise it gets much harder to get snow

Back