• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

There was actually one MUCH later. So late I can barely comprehend how it even happened.
View attachment 80463
If someone had the h5 pattern for this I'd love to see it. I'm assuming this had to have been a strong ULL, similar to the November 1, 2014 Columbia snow event.

This was one of, if not THE, most anomalous events in Atlanta wx history with an incredible 1.5" of snow! Yeah, I concluded there would almost had to have been a strong upper low with this. As Dewpoint Dan said, I don't put this in a "major" category for ATL itself even though it was quite significant there and was major further north.

I'm a little late in the recent 12z suite, but the temperature contrast at the 850 mb height on the Euro model on Aprils Fools is quite impressive in the SE.

850th.conus.png

Indicative of an unusually potent cold front for this time of the year. GFS/Icon also seem to show an unusual cold blast as well. Probably too early, but it's something to keep an eye on.

I wanna chase storms not mega frosts/cold !!!! Saw a legit rotating wall cloud to my south in the distance on my 2nd storm chase ever

Back