• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

Definitely chances of frost/light freeze for some folks. Correlates well with average last freeze for western (low elevation) and northern zones.

Indeed. It would be more abnormal than normal not to get this kind of thing for one airmass in April, even when April overall isn't cold. I'm tempted to say the most popular saying here, but I'll refrain for now.

Are we going to talk about all these unexpected tornado warnings? I don’t want to muddy up the the other board because AL is in a dire situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn’t everything a Carolina thread? Boom

I mean, it may seem that way since a lot of members reside here. But in this instance I am more concerned about AL. But we still have weather to discuss on our end too- including you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12Z Euro ens maintains the chilly April 2nd/3rd mornings and cool April 4th morning along with pleasantly dry, cool early April days within an otherwise mostly warm pattern.

Today is the 50th anniversary of the latest major winter storm on record for the Atlanta area, a major ZR that hit most of the ATL area on 3/25/1971 even though the airport (southside) missed most all of it due to only making it down to 32 for a short period with it mainly 33 there during the rain:

1971-03-25413236.5-20.12802.10T

Most of the ATL area further north as well as Athens were hit much harder with many hours of 32 during the rain. Further NE, there was heavy snow in much of NE GA that extended into 3/26.
---------------------------------------------------

"March 26, 1971
Parts of northern and central Georgia experienced their worst snow and ice storm since 1935. Two day power outages ruined two million eggs at poultry hatches. Two persons were killed when a tree landed on their car. (25th-26th) (The Weather Channel)"

Last edited:
Today is the 50th anniversary of the latest major winter storm on record for the Atlanta area, a major ZR that hit most of the ATL area on 3/25/1971 even though the airport (southside) missed most all of it due to only making it down to 32 for a short period with it mainly 33 there during the rain:

1971-03-25413236.5-20.12802.10T

Most of the ATL area further north as well as Athens were hit much harder with many hours of 32 during the rain. Further NE, there was heavy snow in much of NE GA that extended into 3/26.
---------------------------------------------------

"March 26, 1971
Parts of northern and central Georgia experienced their worst snow and ice storm since 1935. Two day power outages ruined two million eggs at poultry hatches. Two persons were killed when a tree landed on their car. (25th-26th) (The Weather Channel)"
There was actually one MUCH later. So late I can barely comprehend how it even happened.
snowfall-ga-4-25-1910 (1).png
If someone had the h5 pattern for this I'd love to see it. I'm assuming this had to have been a strong ULL, similar to the November 1, 2014 Columbia snow event.

Back