• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

Crazy how some would rather it be raining in the 40s and 30s then this sort of stuff. 73F here, about to grill some barbecue drumsticks

It has been amazing all week long here, too! But there's a huge difference between 60s/70s with dewpoints in the 10s-40s (like this week. which I've loved every bit of) vs 80s-100s with dewpoints in the 60s-70s, which you have implied you love, too.

Bottom line: DS for DF! If someone likes cold rain, that's fine. If someone likes 100s with dewpoints in the 80s, that's fine too.

Last edited:
Fro,
I love your map, but you'll love this one, which is the average of the last 20 runs of the CFSv2. Of course, the CFS generally sucks in accuracy:

View attachment 78475
Man that looks awesome, but I’ve seemingly noticed that the climate models love to spit out the H5 pattern that’s typically seen with the state of the ENSO, for example this winter they were showing the overall La Niña pattern with a SER this winter with a trough in the PNW/AK and instead we got blockbuster blocking

Back