• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Miserable March

Wow ! That ridge on the EPS is very impressive, 585/588dm ridge is typically something you see on a average June day, the means for this timeframe is already in the 70s, I bet if that ridge holds 80s would be likely 6DB29D62-8FC1-41A6-84F8-E27090EE4F75.png76D901FA-B7B2-4F42-9B4C-19BFA9DDF8C9.png

Come on folks, I'm sorry for saying "Boring" I would never want anyone to get injured or killed over bad weather. I really hope people on this board knows I'm not that kind of guy. Being a fanatic weather person I do enjoy extreme weather but never wish death upon anyone.

If GFS is to be believed, I might chase in south/West Virginia. Heavy snowfall. I wouldn’t rule out NC mtns tho over next 2 weeks.

Here it comes, the final stratospheric warming event, SPV is headed toward its summer state as the sun gets stronger, winter is ending folks, if you like cool weather enjoy the cool downs the next few weeks View attachment 36998
All I want is a complete takeover from the Southeast ridge so we can finally dry out. I’m sick of rain! (Unless there are nighttime thunderstorms involved in which case bring it on)

All I want is a complete takeover from the Southeast ridge so we can finally dry out. I’m sick of rain! (Unless there are nighttime thunderstorms involved in which case bring it on)

If we hold that pattern we currently have into April, it wouldn’t shock me to see summer like temps in April

As much as I hate the SER, if it helps keep the virus under control or better yet leads to its decline via warmth and increased humidity, I say bring it on! Health is infinitely more important to me, especially in regard to older relatives and friends.

I'd kill for those temps in the summer in Tennessee.. But yeah, there isn't a sustained cool/cold pattern to be had this month. Same as it's been since early Nov.

CMC pops a monster 594dm ridge off the SE coast with widespread 588dm/591dm heights across the eastern parts of the SE, and the crazy part was, is that the ridge could of strengthened even more on the CMC, it’s still the 240 hour CMC but strong ridging is looking likely around day 8-10 37A8A444-BCBF-4C26-84C8-06A5ED117139.png45E5DDA7-58A1-4718-8922-A0E85AFBFAE7.pngD6EFB44F-73B2-4503-8E53-2AEB7ADDA4C5.gif

CMC pops a monster 594dm ridge off the SE coast with widespread 588dm/591dm heights across the eastern parts of the SE, and the crazy part was, is that the ridge could of strengthened even more on the CMC, it’s still the 240 hour CMC but strong ridging is looking likely around day 8-10 View attachment 37010View attachment 37011View attachment 37012
kinda normal really.. an 80 popping up in March is par for the course. We hit consecutive 80 degree days just last year in February, for the first time in recorded history. Correction: it was 2018, but also last year we recorded an 80 degree day in Feb. Contrast this with every Chattanooga official recorded high going back to 1879, before 2018, and there was never an 80 degree day. Amazing really.

Back