• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Miserable March

Lickwx

Reaction score
I spoke too soon clouds did break and temps jumped pretty fast . Looks like high was 81 , was humid too with dews 62/63

pcbjr

Supporter
Reaction score
Wish we could save that map for July or august
It's only a divergence/departure-from-normal probability map ... we'll see some cooler than normal this summer ... probably when a 'cane decides it wants to do its thing and hide the sun ... posted the map just to get some happy faces given everything else today ... to be totally honest ... 😷

CyclonicFury

Reaction score
NWS RAH going aggressive for Sunday's high. Would be the warmest March day in decades for RDU:

Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 89. Southwest wind 6 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

Lickwx

Reaction score
Hope April is driER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Statistically from Raleigh south into Florida ( this doesnt hold true for places further west in Georgia and western nc/upstate sc. ) April- May are the driest months and sunniest. I don't know why this is, one explanation is it's still too stable and cool for real convective storms, and too warm for big rain-producing cold fronts. By the time you get to Richmond this no longer holds true with no such april dry period.

Myfrotho704_

RidgeSZN
Reaction score
Statistically from Raleigh south into Florida ( this doesnt hold true for places further west in Georgia and western nc/upstate sc. ) April- May are the driest months and sunniest. I don't know why this is, one explanation is it's still too stable and cool for real convective storms, and too warm for big rain-producing cold fronts. By the time you get to Richmond this no longer holds true with no such april dry period.
Last May was a example of this, but NC severe weather climo rises sharply in the next few weeks, the past few years we’ve had some big events like that moderate last April for wind

Jessy89

Reaction score
Big question Is when will we have our first significant severe weather threat?

Bham 99

Reaction score
Yea I don’t even want to think about winter. Too depressing. I feel like around this time every year I say next year has to be different.

yeah I know for sure, you waited for your little snow storm that you got this year for quite a while. Everytime it threatened to snow I went to Charlotte this winter. The most we got was a half inch event.. Charleston did get flurries one night.

NoSnowATL

Reaction score
yeah I know for sure, you waited for your little snow storm that you got this year for quite a while. Everytime it threatened to snow I went to Charlotte this winter. The most we got was a half inch event.. Charleston did get flurries one night.
At least you are close to the ocean. Hurricane season is more fun. Plus Charleston is a fun town.

BufordWX

Reaction score
Forecast low here was 62, it’s dropped to 70 and has actually went back up to 72, definitely see a isolated 90 degree temp around here later
Dang that’s warm for the middle of night in March. You see that usually in June and July. Interestingly I’m quite a bit cooler then your area. 62 currently.

Myfrotho704_

RidgeSZN
Reaction score
Soundings on Sunday in NC are supportive of very large hail, except there’s almost no forcing and no triggering, really for some lightning photos at this point with the new camera 47F85C67-5B29-4E16-8B7F-4EA729D8B4D9.png 1638C064-9AAF-4E7B-9909-62F0154154DA.png